• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DS Battery Saver.

funkylogik

share the love peeps ;)
Sep 15, 2011
Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
Any thoughts?
Im against app killer and traditional battery apps like most thinking androidmen but what about this one?
Kinda like greenify, it puts apps into deep sleep while screen off but unlike greenify, then lets them awaken for 1minute every X time to check for notifications (calls and sms arext affected.
What youz think? Im just generally testing it. Anyone done any real tests?
Cheers :beer:
(Also has an on/off toggle widget)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rootuninstaller.batrsaver

i swear by this app. i keep my gnex on slumberer. i don't care to have the phone wake for messages. so i just turn off my screen, it goes into deep sleep, and it's all good.:)

i would say that it has extended my battery life perhaps 1 to 2 hours. of course, the paranoid that i am, i always have to check cpu spy to make sure the phone was actually deep sleeping. haha

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I,like many I suspect,have tried quite a few battery saver apps.DS Battery Saver is my choice.None of them will save a massive amount but DS does help quite a bit and especially leaving overnight.It's a lot smaller and less intrusive than many and basically fire-and-forget and as yet has never crashed on me in either none rooted and rooted on my phone :)

Upvote 0
Yeah totally. This is why i love the widget. When im at home 1m from a wall socket i WANT my g+ notifications instantly so keep it turned off but when the phone is in my pocket, id much rather have it turned on and if im stood bored, just wake the phone for some g+ love :)
I cant really fault it.
Anyone got any reasoning against the app?

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones