DSPManager ROCKS! (audio upgrade)

1. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

I just installed this using Rom Manager (after a Nandroid back-up of course) and the difference is HUGE. A person modded the version that only works on non-sense roms. I am using DSP Manager on rooted 2.2 Sense Lite.

1. Uses the hardware DSP, rather than software and CPU overhead like MixIng and Astro Player.

2. Sound stage and dB level are both improved, but not so much that your ears will melt.

3. My Incredible NOW sounds better than my N900. I never would have thought it.

4. Features:

Effects
    EQ
    Spatial room adjustments ("Studio" seems perfect for depth increase)
    Settings for both headphones and speaker

5. You can adjust the parameters on the fly to test the best settings for you!

6. No more skipping and lag that the EQ's with MixIng and Astro Manger experience.

This should be a standard option on the device. Impressive.

[TIP] Installing DSP-based equalizer on Android 2.2 stock ROMs. - xda-developers

Dibs to the dev :)

Advertisement
  2. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

I did this two nights ago and yes it is great. The eq and room effects are very nice.

This is yet one more reason that its great to be rooted.
  3. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Sweet, gonna have to give this a shot later. Thanks for the heads up.
  4. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Well-Known Member

can this be applied through clockwork via "apply update.zip"??
  5. rushmore

Some go into clockwork recovery and install zip, but others have done that way too.
  6. jasonb1985

Ive never heard this phone sound this good. I am using a pair of Klipsch Image S4's with the room effect applied slightly, along with some eq tweaks on the bottom end and I am in musical heaven right now. :) :) :)
  7. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Is this safe? is there a way to get rid of it?
  8. jasonb1985

It ads an app to the system partition but also replaces the audio lib files as well. You could make a nandroid backup that you could always go back to. For me there is no way in hell I'm going back.
  9. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

When i get a new rom update from Virtuous, will this have to be re added?

and how should i install, i dont like getting into shell, can i use rom manager or just use clockwork?
  10. jasonb1985

When I did it, it was a simple update.zip through clockwork recovery. no abd involved.

And I'm pretty sure it would have to be reapplied each time you update the whole rom.
    Jakaro likes this.
  11. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Holy crap, this is effing amazing. How did my ears survive without it?
  12. rushmore

This should be standard in all roms. Sound quality is now better than my N900 and equal to the Galaxy S. The two big things Fascinate had over the Inc IMO was the display and sound quality. Sound is now equal with DSPManager.
  13. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

I really wish this wouldn't make my headphones crackle at full volume...
  14. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

turn it down a notch then?
  15. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

My only gripe is that the slides aren't very responsive. Other than that the dsp sounds grrrrrrreat! :)
  16. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Everytime I try to download this from XDA it causes my browser on my PC to crash. Anyone have another place where it can be downloaded ?

Downloaded it from my phone and it worked. My computer blows lol
  17. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

From my interaction, you can't 'slide' them. You tap where you want them to go.
  18. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

seems to be my way of working it as well.
  19. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

I see what you mean.
  20. chenzales

chenzales Member

can somebody walk me through the steps of installing by update.zip through clockwork recovery? sorry, i noob :/

so far i have the zip file from xda downloaded onto my desktop.

thanks!
  21. chenzales

chenzales Member

nvm, got it using the apk in the unzipped file. works great.
  22. jasonb1985

just bumping this cause it really does rock! been using this for over a week now when using headphones and it's a huge difference when using the room effects. the room effects give so much life to the music.

i actually found a never version of the DSP manager apk and loaded it on. i ripped the apk and the audioflinger.so out of the latest cyanogen build for the inc and adb pushed it on.
  23. Reaver

Reaver Well-Known Member

all I can say is......... HOLY CRAP:eek:

simply awesome!!!!!
  24. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

This + audio out to car + Pandora = :cool:
  25. rushmore

The mod is huge, since it is actually doing the adjustments at hardware level, rather than software, that eats extra cpu and goes away when the app is shut down and does not sound as good. I did not know the Snapdragon had good audio chops and a dang shame OEM's have not leveraged this. It seems that only Samsung gets that audio is an important feature to leverage.

DSPManager also highlights that the default audio settings for the Incredible (and others probably as well) are a tad weak.