• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DTMF tones

Hi,

can anyone help, just called 3 and their system says press 1 for "this" and press 2 for "that" etc

However when I press 1 2 3 etc I do hear a tone but it is not recognised, is their end or is it my Hero!

n0v

I had the same thing happen to me today for the first time as well. I tried to connect into a phone conferencing system and my HTC Desire phone couldn't send the right tones. My backup Nokia 6120 was able to do the job for me.

Any suggestions on how to get this working would be great.

Thanks,
Michael.

Upvote 0
I'm having similar issues with tones in menus. I am using a calling card dialing app and the tones are not always recognized by google voice. Sometimes it says I put the wrong password in, but the password is programmed into the dialer, so I know I didn't put the wrong password in. It's really causing issues for me. I am thinking that it is an HTC issue because I am on a Thunderbolt and I have noticed one of my calling card apps has a special selection that you must select for HTC phones. I think HTC DTMF tones are not normal. I hope someone knows more about this so we can figure it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones