• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DTV on the Moment... Possible reason for update/firmware delays?

So an accidental release of some beta version of the MR that temporarily bricked a few phones constitutes an update? Something that needed to be parted out to glean anything good from it and then tweaked by people that actually know something that isn't even accessible to all that are willing to work for it because not everyone seems to be able to get the drivers loaded properly to Odin rolling; constitutes a firmware update? You're talking about something that is known to about 5% (and I'm probably being generous) of Moment owners because the majority (regardless of their technical expertise) do not frequent forums. We on these forums are a minority. So with that, no they didn't release a firmware update.

And did I say they weren't allowed to make improvements to a phone? No. I believe my point was they should feel a greater responsibility to actually get a needed fix out for their current phone before promoting a new version of it. To me that would indicate good support. Didn't realize that constituted bitching. But I guess your Moment branded rose colored glasses have a very limited field of vision.

The only thing that's silly is that your defensiveness of the Moment that helped ruin a pretty fair comparison thread has you so worked up you need to post immature comments in another thread. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
It's nice to know there'll apparently be a series of Moments, impying there'll eventually be more promo for the line in general, but it does feel like it's too soon. Why don't ours have this? And are the Moment2s really only going to have this one added feature? The phones will look just alike??? That seems stupid, but I guess they did it with the Centro, too, but you'd think there'd more enhancements, including with the design, for a 2.

Upvote 0
So an accidental release of some beta version of the MR that temporarily bricked a few phones constitutes an update? Something that needed to be parted out to glean anything good from it and then tweaked by people that actually know something that isn't even accessible to all that are willing to work for it because not everyone seems to be able to get the drivers loaded properly to Odin rolling; constitutes a firmware update? You're talking about something that is known to about 5% (and I'm probably being generous) of Moment owners because the majority (regardless of their technical expertise) do not frequent forums. We on these forums are a minority. So with that, no they didn't release a firmware update.

And did I say they weren't allowed to make improvements to a phone? No. I believe my point was they should feel a greater responsibility to actually get a needed fix out for their current phone before promoting a new version of it. To me that would indicate good support. Didn't realize that constituted bitching. But I guess your Moment branded rose colored glasses have a very limited field of vision.

The only thing that's silly is that your defensiveness of the Moment that helped ruin a pretty fair comparison thread has you so worked up you need to post immature comments in another thread. :rolleyes:
LOL who's getting all worked up and being very immature? ;)

I actually enjoy some of your posts, believe it or not...

Upvote 0
It's nice to know there'll apparently be a series of Moments, impying there'll eventually be more promo for the line in general, but it does feel like it's too soon. Why don't ours have this? And are the Moment2s really only going to have this one added feature? The phones will look just alike??? That seems stupid, but I guess they did it with the Centro, too, but you'd think there'd more enhancements, including with the design, for a 2.
Yeah, if the Moment2 also has a notification LED... I'm cashing in on the insurance.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
oh this is all fun. I dont think I've had one post that's not done with a grin of some sort. It's all quite amusing. And I thought it was a pretty well thought out reply while just calling a spade a spade :D Last late night post for me this weekend. Eagles have me too depressed.
LOL who's getting all worked up and being very immature? ;)

I actually enjoy some of your posts, believe it or not...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones