• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dual Clock updating after deleted from menu

edcooper714

May 16, 2010
I dropped the Dual Clock widget on my home screen then deleted it from the home screen. When I go to Settings/Applications/Running Applications the updater for that widget is active. I have not found a way to permanently get rid of the Dual CLock update service upon reboot. I know how to manually stop it from running but don't want to have to do that every time my phone starts up. What a pain. Since it's not an app it cannot be deleted. Can anyone help me with this annoying and time consuming exercise?

I dropped the Dual Clock widget on my home screen then deleted it from the home screen. When I go to Settings/Applications/Running Applications the updater for that widget is active. I have not found a way to permanently get rid of the Dual CLock update service upon reboot. I know how to manually stop it from running but don't want to have to do that every time my phone starts up. What a pain. Since it's not an app it cannot be deleted. Can anyone help me with this annoying and time consuming exercise?

Have you tried removing its cache so its not running anything?
Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>click the "Menu" button>Filter>All>Now find Dual Clock and clear its cache. I'm not sure what the process for dual clock is called because I am running a custom ROM so I dont have it but you'll find it there the icon picture should be the same and I think the name is still Dual Clock.

Upvote 0
Have you tried removing its cache so its not running anything?
Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>click the "Menu" button>Filter>All>Now find Dual Clock and clear its cache. I'm not sure what the process for dual clock is called because I am running a custom ROM so I dont have it but you'll find it there the icon picture should be the same and I think the name is still Dual Clock.
That's where it's so puzzling. I have tried that and there is no application there under Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>. The only place I see Dual Clock is when I go to drop it on the home screen and it shows as a widget. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
You can always try a task killer but they're really not recommended, try "advanced task killer" its on the market but dont get addicted to it, its been proven that Android works better without task killers, just try killing that one task with it and get rid of it.
That was my thought. I don't believe in task killers. But will it truly kill the app permanently even though it's an LG native app? If it will then I'll delete ATK immediately after killing it. I thought APK only did what you can do in settings but without having to go into settings etc. Or will it uninstall the app or what?

Upvote 0
That was my thought. I don't believe in task killers. But will it truly kill the app permanently even though it's an LG native app? If it will then I'll delete ATK immediately after killing it. I thought APK only did what you can do in settings but without having to go into settings etc. Or will it uninstall the app or what?

yes it kills the process, i dont know if ur system has anything that relying on the dual clock so u never know if it'll come back, u can delete the apk and itll be gone for good but u need to root ur device for that doesnt sound like u want to do that

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones