Dual Clock updating after deleted from menuSupport

Last Updated:

1. edcooper714

edcooper714 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I dropped the Dual Clock widget on my home screen then deleted it from the home screen. When I go to Settings/Applications/Running Applications the updater for that widget is active. I have not found a way to permanently get rid of the Dual CLock update service upon reboot. I know how to manually stop it from running but don't want to have to do that every time my phone starts up. What a pain. Since it's not an app it cannot be deleted. Can anyone help me with this annoying and time consuming exercise?

Advertisement
  2. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Have you tried removing its cache so its not running anything?
    Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>click the "Menu" button>Filter>All>Now find Dual Clock and clear its cache. I'm not sure what the process for dual clock is called because I am running a custom ROM so I dont have it but you'll find it there the icon picture should be the same and I think the name is still Dual Clock.

3. edcooper714

That's where it's so puzzling. I have tried that and there is no application there under Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>. The only place I see Dual Clock is when I go to drop it on the home screen and it shows as a widget. Any ideas?

4. Vmanisme

You did filter to all like i said right?

5. edcooper714

Sorryy, I missed the 'all'. I did find it now and I did clear the cache. However, when I turned the phone off and then on the update service for it was still in running applications.

6. Vmanisme

There's always a hard reset option but I'm thinking that it always ran in background even if u didnt use the widget because i dont remember not having it running on stock ROM, or just flash a custom ROM and forget about it

7. edcooper714

OK. Thanks. I'll just deal with it.

8. turbine

turbine Active Member

It's a default lg app. Nothing short of rooting and using ti backup or something similar will allow you to remove it permanently. Good luck.

9. edcooper714

Is there any application you know of to kill it dead?

10. Vmanisme

You can always try a task killer but they're really not recommended, try "advanced task killer" its on the market but dont get addicted to it, its been proven that Android works better without task killers, just try killing that one task with it and get rid of it.

11. edcooper714

That was my thought. I don't believe in task killers. But will it truly kill the app permanently even though it's an LG native app? If it will then I'll delete ATK immediately after killing it. I thought APK only did what you can do in settings but without having to go into settings etc. Or will it uninstall the app or what?

12. Vmanisme

yes it kills the process, i dont know if ur system has anything that relying on the dual clock so u never know if it'll come back, u can delete the apk and itll be gone for good but u need to root ur device for that doesnt sound like u want to do that

13. edcooper714

No. I don't want to root it. Thanks for the info though.