Dual pairing Bluetooth HT820 headset for media and phone

Last Updated:

1. GotGoogle

GotGoogle Member This Topic's Starter

Almost a year ago I purchased the HT820 Motorolla headset so I could pair a bluetooth phone and mp3 player to the same headset. It worked fantastic. Now that I finally have my hands on the Google phone, I was hoping to dual pair the headset to the phone for both media and the phone.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong during the pairing procedure, but it will not play media through the headset, except in the second before dialing a contact or just after I hang up. Whatever music is playing, comes out of the speakers, but like I said if a call comes in, I hear the music through the headset until I answer, and then it pauses like it should, then plays again after I hang up but it switches back to the external speaker almost immediately.

It works fine for the phone, and in the Bluetooth list of devices, it shows as connected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. sleebus.jones

sleebus.jones Well-Known Member

The G1 does not support A2DP, so that means no BT streaming of MP3 audio. You're just hearing music playing through the phone side of the headset. In other words, a bug.

3. GotGoogle

GotGoogle Member This Topic's Starter

Bah! I just assumed it would support it. I guess I should have checked into that first. Thanks for the quick reply, it will save me a gray hair or two tonight.

4. sleebus.jones

sleebus.jones Well-Known Member

No worries. I have "heard" that it seems to be planned for a future release. I've got a BT headset too that I'm anxious to fire up.

5. richy240

richy240 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I never looked into be before I bought the phone, but I was surprised to find that I couldn't stream imeem to my car stereo via Bluetooth. :(

6. avp23kc

avp23kc New Member

Can this problem be rectified using an adapter of some sort. Like for the iPods and iPhones?...im getting a g1 soon and also ht820, just wanted to see if i had to wait for some sort of sw update or i could find an adapter of such sort.//

7. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

The issue has been resolved with the latest update AKA "cupcake" you can now pair to both media and phone

8. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Actually this isn't a bug. They said that it would only work for headsets, not for stereo bluetooth. A bug would be if they had said it does work for stereo bluetooth but some flaw in their setup made it not work.