dual sim adapter

Last Updated: 2012-04-26 14:44:33
  1. 325i

325i Well-Known Member

Can anyone reccomend a dual sim adapter for the desire? I have took out a new sim only contract but i also need to use my existing sim for the next few weeks also.

thanks

Advertisement
  2. hvdwinden

hvdwinden Member

Is that possible? I would be interested to know as well!
  3. 325i

325i Well-Known Member

Very expensive though, might just get a cheap phone to use.
  4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

I used to have a dual sim card adapter for an old nokia 3330, i always found it to be more of a gimmick than really useful.
    The downside being only one sim is active at a time, having to turn the phone off & back on again to switch sim cards.
    Not sure if this has been solved so the card that actually receives a call automatically becomes the active card.
  5. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

The CyPhone has a dual active sim system, where both sims are active simultaneously, but as the aveage life of a CyPhone is around 3 weeks I wouldn recommend it. My point is; the technology is out there but it will never be main stream for obvious reasons.
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

7. terryT

terryT Member

Anyone got any further insight into this? Anyone used one on the Desire or Desire HD2?

TT
  8. terryT

terryT Member

Right i'm gonna bite the bullet and get one from MagicSIM | Dual Thinking as it looks like a reliable option.

I'll post my results up here incase anyone's interested.

Wish me luck!
  9. terryT

terryT Member

10. papa j

papa j Well-Known Member

only reason i can see for duel sim is one for the wife and other for the mistress
  11. Rickpowel

Rickpowel New Member

I'll second terryT on that. Just received the dual sim from the link he posted and it works like a charm on my Desire, brilliant!

Thanks!!
  12. Francis Albert

Francis Albert New Member

Hello everyone,

I am considering the dual sim solution for my Desire S and have a question:

Is it possible to have separate data settings for both sim cards? If I go ahead with this it will be to have a local sim card and a foreign card that will be roaming. I would like to make sure the roaming one has the data disabled.

Looking forward to your replies!

Cheers,

F.
  13. Rickpowel

Rickpowel New Member

I do exactly this but i have one gsm card and one 3g card to do it.
  14. adrianharris

adrianharris New Member

15. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

WoW! I never knew this existed. I spend a lot of time in both the UK and USA so I've been buying sim cards and swapping them over (which in an iphone was a fiddly exercise).

Now i've got an SGS2 I can get one of these and have both cards in there full time. Brilliant!

Just ordered one in readiness for my next jaunt over the pond.
  16. capuman

capuman Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

does anyone know if there is something out there like the Gmate that allows two sim cards active at the same time. Basically so you dont have to turn either of them off to activate the other one.

Gmate does this, but it requires a physical dongle (bluetooth) to be with you next to the phone. I was wondering if there was something else out there other than the cheap chinese phones that allows this too..