Dual SMS NotificationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am having an issue with dual notifications. I have Handcent and those are the only SMS notifications I want to get. I'm getting another one - I assume from the pre-installed "Messages" app, but I can't figure out how to turn off notifications with it. Can someone please advise? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

open Messages (stock app), hit menu and Settings. Disable notifications. There are a few other threads that will have more step-by-step if you need

3. Teris

Thanks, Howie. I don't see a "disable notifications" box, but I have unchecked everything I can uncheck and I'm still getting them. Any other ideas?

4. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

so "received notification", "play notification sound", and "vibrate" are all unchecked for every section under Settings?

Teris likes this.
  5. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

It is actually called "Received Notification" under Received Messages section. You disabled that and you are still getting a notification from the stock messaging app when receiving an sms??

Teris likes this.
  6. Teris

Ahh, thanks guys. I figured it out. So yes, "Received Notification," "Play notification sound" and "Vibrate" were all unchecked. But I just realized that the additional notification I was receiving was actually another Handcent notification that I had disabled in my prior version of Handcent.