• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.: Dubstep Thread :.

I consider myself a metal head (no, not crap like Slipknot, Mudvayne, etc) but I listen to a lot of EDM (I know, right?). A few weeks ago, I went to Spring Awakening in Chicago. Was an amazing concert. Skrillex is really great live (by the way, Cinema is a Benassi song). Datsik was amazing as well. Kill the Noise, Diplo, Midnight Conspiracy were great, too, Diplo especially. Not sure if all those fall into the dubstep category, but I am a fan.

Butch Clancy - Russian Lullaby - YouTube

Upvote 0
Dub is getting to overrated because of this skrillex guy. There can never be a conversation without him. Delete this thread.

Dub isn't Dubstep. Dub is an offshoot of reggae...
Skrillex isn't Dubstep. Skrillex makes BROstep... dubstep's aggressive/annoying cousin.

In all honesty, actual dubstep is such a chilled out, relaxed, laid-back genre. I'll post some links so you can see what I mean.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones