Due an upgrade. Shall I go for the HTC Desire HD?

Last Updated:

1. vard

vard Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my HTC hero for over a year now. It's a great phone, but obviously just short on the processing power required to really make use of the android OS. I haven't been keeping up to date on the ins and outs of what's what in the android world, so I don't know what phones are just around the corner - before I extend my contract I want to be sure I'm getting the absolute best android phone going; Ideally one which won't be out-matched within a week! As was the case when I got the Hero. Any advice guys? What phone would you get. (PS: the only phone I'd stay clear of is the Galaxy S - purely because I don't like the look. I hated the look of the original iphone, and that thing is near enough a carbon copy)

Advertisement
  2. vard

apparently I'm unable to put paragraphs in my post...

3. Raftysworld

Raftysworld Well-Known Member

if i were you i'd go with a galaxy s. I own almost all andriod devices released in the last two years and the captivate is my fav

4. Guamguy

Guamguy Well-Known Member

The difference between Desire HD and Hero is like night and day. Or like T-Rex vs. a chicken sized raptor. You will be awed by its sheer awesomeness and how far Android has changed since the Hero.

5. Tino

Tino Well-Known Member

I'd deffinately go for the Desire HD if youre fine without a keyboard, otherwise then I'd go for a Desire Z. I have an original Desire and it is awesome, the difference between the Desire series and the Hero is just massive and I don't think it will be beaten until atleast after christmas and even then it will easily hold its own.

I agree with the Galaxy S, I don't know how they managed to make a phone with such a beautiful screen so ugly. Plus I've heard and seen quite a few niggles still with the SGS which aren't fixed without rooting.

6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Whatever you settle on today will be 'old hat' within weeks so take time to work out what you want in a handset and then look for those that match your criteria. Above all, hit the stores and get a feel for them in your hand. Specs are all well and good, but won't tell you if the phone actually suits you and the way you'll use it.

7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

As already stated above, something newer is always around the corner.

What I would get doesn't matter. What are you specifically looking for? For some reason these "What should I get?" threads always omit this critical information. If you want meaningful recommendations then post your requirements. Unless your needs/wants happen to be identical to mine (or anyone else's) then it doesn't do you any good to poll people like this. It's not a one-size-fits-all world. What's best for one isn't necessarily the best for another. Best is always highly subjective.

SportsDoc63 and kb58 like this.
  8. kb58

kb58 Well-Known Member

Exactly. It's like people asking what color car they should buy... ugh! Just buy what you like and be happy with it.

9. vard

Thanks for the feedback. I think I may well be tempted to go for the Desire HD. There's a part of me though thinking about sitting it out a while and seeing what's on the horizon. I'll give it another month or so at least ;)

10. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

The Desire HD is a beast of a phone. I'd say go for it if you love the screen size =P