Due to high demand, this device will ship by 7/23

Last Updated:

1. xrussx

xrussx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Website has been updated. Wow those went fast!!!

Advertisement
  2. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Does anyone know how many they had on hand at the warehouses for launch day?

3. Paznos

Paznos Well-Known Member

Oh wow... glad I placed the order last night.

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Damnation! You're right!

5. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

This is just stupid. THey knew dam well this phone was in mad demand. You would think after the Incredible shortage they would have planned better. Glad I ordered at 12:02 but still no tracking info.

6. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

I also noticed they rolled back the date for the INC to 8/3 from 8/10.

7. Hughett

Hughett Member

WOW. And I was really starting to think that there were going to be plenty to go around, I almost waited.

And I was kicking myself because I had to order over the phone and it isnt going to be here till monday. Now that doesnt seem so bad. :eek:

8. JA1234

JA1234 Well-Known Member

pure madness I tell ya pure madness

that actually jumped a day from earlier...as I been watching it too. Kinda curious as to what the X would do to that day but it was back down to the 2nd yesterday and this morning...the 10th is the highest I have seen it.

9. Doit2it

10. hahaha what

hahaha what Well-Known Member

well ya but they also put out a news thing last night saying they would have enough phones to meet demand. they probably spinning it off as them having higher than mad demand

11. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

that's bull!! how come people that ordered 5-6 hours after some of us get their shipments but not us?

12. jweber

jweber Active Member

So glad I got my order in this morning, 2 x's due in by 3:00pm tomorrow:D

13. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Well-Known Member

A CS supervisor said they had 4X more X's available at launch then they did when the Incredible launched...

14. albiewan

albiewan Well-Known Member

Well, just got the news myself from VZW. Totally overwhelmed with X orders. Duh. I was told my order placed this morning around 8:30 (EST) and others placed before 11 AM (EST) are processed but most tracking numbers have NOT been emailed yet but they will be delivered tomorrow as promised. (Insert grain of salt here) The guy was totally honest and said their system is swamped and they didn't realize it would be this heavy. He said the INVENTORY IS FINE but the processing/tracking part is slowing things down. Stopped by my regular VZW store this afternoon and they are completely sold out of all 60 X's already. Holy guacamole Batman this thing is HOT!

15. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Well-Known Member

My Verizon store only got 3 in and 2 incredibles... O_O I was lucky today. :eek:

16. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

unbelievable:(

17. POC3442

POC3442 Well-Known Member

And like most VZ CS people I'm sure they were pulling these numbers out tier @$$.

18. xsists

xsists Active Member

My order still says processed and I called and they gave me my tracking number.. The site and their system is just overloaded I guess.

A friends order still says processing and he called and they gave him his tracking number as well. Rest assured, if you purchased before 4:30pm EST today then you should have your X tomorrow by 3.. (Unless you didn't opt for overnight shipping $9 was worth not waiting over a week after launch for one)

19. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

20. Doit2it

Depends on which Verizon warehouse is processing your shipment, your payment method, if you purchase accessories too, etc. Ordered mine at 2am and it's 16 hours later with no news except Verizon's got my money per my online bank info.

21. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I guess I am glad I finally got through @ 12:45 am.

22. grn4frk

grn4frk Active Member

I ordered mine @ 2am...but apparently technical support supervisor has to approve it( but she didn't approve it before she left the office) . So after being on phone with 3 different rep's for 2 hours, I finally cancelled it and reordered @ 2pm. I JUST got my tracking number as I'm writing this. I was about to flip out on Verizon if it wasn't coming. Good Luck to everyone else!

23. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

Bad news guys. I called in regarding the second phone I ordered today. I ordered the first online around 2:00, 2:30-ish. It was shipped and will be here tomorrow. I never got tracking info on the second, and I was told that orders processed after 2:30 are back-ordered 'til 7/23. :mad: Lucky for me in my case, the phone that's coming tomorrow is for my line. The back-order is my poor hubby's.

Plus the follow-up email they sent:

The Droid X that was ordered under wireless number xxxx is pending on backorder. As a result, since payment for the order was received after 2:30pm today it will not ship until July 23, 2010. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter.

24. esn

esn Well-Known Member

This is unacceptable I sent back my second dinc due to issues, now I have a x on the way and if I have issues with it I will have to wait again for a replacement. I starting to think verizon is not worth it anymore maybe it time to look at other carriers! WTF! The Iphone is starting to look better.

25. Doit2it

2:30 where? EDT, PDT?