• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Duke Nukem Fans: Forever!

The only reason it's been gagged so long like this is because of legal issues...

From the EXTREMELY alpha early game play videos (only a section of an area rendered, one boss, etc.), it looked AMAZING. However, it's not anything to really jump for. Most of what I saw in those videos was kind of like things that've already been done in games (gears of war to name one, so you can picture roughly) since Duke Nukem Forever was rumored. I still will buy it at first chance, just because it's Duke Nukem and I want to play the latest one. I loved the older ones, and still do.

I still say it won't get finished.

Upvote 0
I'll probably buy it just because it's Duke Nukem. I hope the fact that it's going to be on consoles too doesn't keep them from dumbing the game down or stripping out the vulgarity for the 12 year olds and their parents who don't pay attention to what games their kids are playing. Some of the best moments from the original games are the one liners.

Upvote 0
I'll probably buy it just because it's Duke Nukem. I hope the fact that it's going to be on consoles too doesn't keep them from dumbing the game down or stripping out the vulgarity for the 12 year olds and their parents who don't pay attention to what games their kids are playing. Some of the best moments from the original games are the one liners.
Dont forget the strippers! I was pretty young when I first played it, always loved that level in Duke Nukem 3D. :eek:

Upvote 0
Dont forget the strippers! I was pretty young when I first played it, always loved that level in Duke Nukem 3D. :eek:

Haha yeah! And if you shot them, money would fly everywhere and aliens would spawn to kill you. Duke Nukem 3D was by far the most played game of my childhood. The level design was amazing at the time, and even when I go back to it today I get amazed that I was able to find the secrets and beat the game as many times as I did when I was so young.

I'll be happy with Forever if it can keep the same level of vulgarity, pop culture references, and great levels.

Upvote 0
More info on the game here.

Live game demo. The video quality sucks (taken on a phone) and the audio is horrible too for the same reason.

There are more videos on that page that are longer, but its a lot of fluff, intros, talking about the game, etc.

As for 3D Realms, they folded in 2009. The founder (owner?) got the sh*t sued out of him by the publisher. That's why they closed.

If anyone cares, I can dig up the article that explains the whole debacle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones