Dumb Bettercut questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jason8

Jason8 Member This Topic's Starter

Okay I cannot figure out how to change the icon on widgets on my desktop. I open Bettercut in my drawer > new shortcut but don't know what to do here. It appears as though I should "Make your own" but how to properly fill this part out is not clear to me. Can't find any manuals online...I'm sure this is easy but I have no idea what I am doing.

As an example I am trying to get a custom Handcent icon...

Advertisement
  2. Jason8

Jason8 Member This Topic's Starter

bump (sorry)

3. ryanbroham

ryanbroham Active Member

I have the same dumb question. Let me know if you figure this out

4. kutsushita

kutsushita Well-Known Member

Don't choose to make your own. Instead you go to 'activities' and after it loads (takes a bit sometimes) you'll see a list of applications. Choose the one you want and then click 'change icon' and If you want edit the name then press 'create.'

5. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

email the developer of bettercut for instructions on "create your own" but...

As far as I know, you can only edit static application icons NOT widget icons.

6. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

If you're referring to the actual Handcent widget (that shows the unread count) then you can't change that with Bettercut, because it's not technically a shortcut, it's a widget. If you want to just change the launcher (shortcut icon) for Handcent, go to Bettercut > New Shortcut > Activity > Handcent SMS. I think the sub-name is HandcentExList or something like that. It should work to launch the app.