Dumb Mail QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. mmm78

mmm78 Member This Topic's Starter

When I set up my new Droid Incredible, the Gmail login and setup were very simple, and that's all I need to use. So I'm trying to get rid of the "HTC Mail" setup screen, since I have no need to sync any Exchange or POP3 accounts. But I just can't seem to make that screen disappear. Not that it's creating any problems - it's just annoying.

Please help!

Advertisement
  2. Droid1215

Droid1215 Well-Known Member

Hold on the widget and drag it off the bottom of the screen.

3. mmm78

No, not the widget. I'm talking about the "Welcome to HTC Mail" setup screen.

4. Kappen

Kappen Well-Known Member

you use the Gmail app if you set up your account that way. Drag the mail app to the trash you don't need it. Although I would consider setting up your Gmail account as a exchange account and using the mail app and getting rid of the Gmail one. Thats just my personal preference though.

5. mmm78

Dragging app (or widget) doesn't work. It's the darn setup screen, it's like it won't let me do anything until after I set up a mail account.

6. Kappen

Kappen Well-Known Member

If you followed the easy setup wizard your using the gmail application NOT the normal mail application. Your getting the welcome screen because its NOT set up. Look for the Gmail app that has the white envelope with the red outline that is YOUR mail app because you set it up using the gmail app. do NOT click on the normal mail app because its not set up for use.

7. mmm78

I know the difference between the two mail apps, as I said in my original post, and I damn well know what the "white envelope with the red outline" is. And I know that HTC Mail is not set up, because I didn't set it up.

So let me say this again...

The problem is that I can not get rid of the "Welcome to HTC Mail" setup screen, even by dragging to trash.

Anyone?

8. bydh

bydh Member

may i suggest, just setting it up with one of your accounts... it'll sync, and then the set up screen will go away, presumably. next, go into the app, settings, send & receive, change the download frequency to "manual" and then it won't automatically sync. then you just use your gmail app as normal.

hope that works for you.

mmm78 likes this.
  9. mmm78

bydh

Thanks, that makes perfect sense and it worked.

Still confused about why I couldn't get rid of that screen any other way, but ... time to move on.

10. Chandria

Chandria Well-Known Member

Well, you fixed it now anyway, but once you go into the set-up you actually had the option to skip it htc mail set-up. I set-up 2 gmail accounts and 0 htc mail accounts. So, you can do it that way.