dumb question re downloading video's

Last Updated:

1. crenita

crenita Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know this is going to sound dumb to alot of you but I am going on a trip and would like to download a movie or two and have it on my droid..

Now my question is where do you get your downloads from ? Like what site do you go to buy them ??

do I download something special to get it onto the droid ?? I read that you have to convert them to mp4 ...
    I know is should be simple to most of you but I am confused. and could use a little simple direction.

Advertisement
  2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

on crackberry there is a thread full of videos for the storm. Already in the correct format, will fill the screen, go to crackberry and search for something like "my first movies post". you will find many in there, then just move into a folder on your SD Card and you're golden

Actually here is the link right to it.
    Mods if this is against the rules I apologize in advance and will refrain from doing so in the future if this gets removed.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f66/my-first-movies-post-194778/

Oh an use double twist to move the video from your PC to your phone, this should fix any not filling the screen errors

3. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

and another dumb question to go hand in hand with this one, why don't we have a thread like the above mentioned here so that we don't have to send people away?

4. Overman

Overman Member

There are direct download sites which one can browse to on their phone and download directly to the phone itself... eg, any iphone movie will play on the droid and many PSP video's will too.. I can think of a few places I use daily... just keep in mind iphone movies are not in Droid video format so they look widescreen... how desperate are you??? lol happy searching... and yes, double twist is, imho, a great tool for anyone who likes movies on the go.

5. crenita

crenita Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Overman are you saying that if I download a iphone movie from like Itune I can add it to my droid and it will play ???????

6. Overman

Overman Member

No, I'm saying that there are direct download sites for the ipod that can be played on the droid. Never tried downloading ANYTHING through iTunes... so no idea if it would work. But if you use your droid and meander over to certain sites for the ipod and download those movies they WILL work.