• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dumb question

Handcent has a delivery report and a read report for MMS, but not SMS. If you bring up Handcent, Menu>settings>recieve message settings

There's 2 check boxes, one for read report and one for delivery reports.
The Delivery report will deliver a report with mms you send.

The Read report says any message sent, you will receive a report.

Seems as though there should be a read report if I am understanding correctly.

Upvote 0
I don't understand? If you want confirmation that the message you sent was read, the read report would be it. If you're sending a picture or a file and you want to know when it finishes sending, the delivery report is the way to go.

I'm sure this must seem silly to you but I need to know that a message was received and read by the recipient, hopefully the read report does that.

Upvote 0
There I fixed it for you.

Seriously though, I think the read report will do that, there's only one way to find out. Send a text to someone you know and then tell them to let you know when you read it.

Yes it worked for her we tested it out, the only thing she said it was doing was still showing the message as pending, but it did work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones