dumb question

Last Updated:

1. travva

travva Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

guys, how do you use one of the bar code pics for an app? like, how do you make the droid download it just by using that barcode????

Advertisement
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Slide open your bottom dock and select the Barcode Scanner app.

3. travva

travva Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

no man i thought it was there by default. ive not downloaded a barcode app? isnt it on by default like if i see a pic in a forum thread that looks like a barcode type symbol is there any way to take a pic of it and make it download? god damn i feel like a n00bbbbb

4. CookieMomster

CookieMomster Well-Known Member

I am not clear on what you are wanting to download. I use the bar code app by scanning a bar code with my camera then oh.....I get your question, The app I use pops up two choices to search for a product. I have most luck with the web search choice. The app I use has a pic of an actual barcode and has the word barcode in the title.

5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I didnt dowload it either... I dont think. I swear it was already there on my Droid. I did download Shopsavvy but it wont scan the square app codes. You sure its not on yours already?

Just search for "barcode scanner" in the market and its the second result.

6. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

No its not there by default... Open the market app. click the search button and type in "barcode scanner" The one you want is made by ZXing Team and has an icon of a barcode with a red stripe across it. Its a free app... Install that and you'll be golden... Just use that app.