• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dumb wifi question

Gareee

Android Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2010
WNC
Am I correct in believing that wifi net connectivity is faster then g3? Loading the skin list for beautiful widgets seems to take forever either way. Downloading a skin seems to take a minute or two.

I'm just trying to find the best settings for setting up our phones whilke at home with our home network.

Whether or not Wifi has faster access to the internet or not will depend on how fast your home/office connection is, but in theory yes even if you're on Wifi b/g it'll be much faster than 3G. Wifi uses less power than 3G as well, so if you have access to it I'd definitely recommend using it.

The reason the skin list on beautiful widgets is taking a long time is because the guys server is overloaded right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones