Dumb wifi questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Am I correct in believing that wifi net connectivity is faster then g3? Loading the skin list for beautiful widgets seems to take forever either way. Downloading a skin seems to take a minute or two.

I'm just trying to find the best settings for setting up our phones whilke at home with our home network.

Advertisement
  2. jdk33

jdk33 Well-Known Member

Whether or not Wifi has faster access to the internet or not will depend on how fast your home/office connection is, but in theory yes even if you're on Wifi b/g it'll be much faster than 3G. Wifi uses less power than 3G as well, so if you have access to it I'd definitely recommend using it.

The reason the skin list on beautiful widgets is taking a long time is because the guys server is overloaded right now.

3. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

We've got 30 meg download speeds here, so our home network is probably the way to go.

I thought I was personally having an issue with BWSkins.
    Can't you download the skins on the pc, and then transfer them to the sd card? Even the preview list is taking a LONG time to load.

4. CEV

CEV Well-Known Member

I'll throw in another question here regarding Wi-Fi. Does the phone automatically use Wi-Fi when connected, or is there a setting somewhere to tell it to? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I figure it does and just want to verify as I am new to Android.

5. jdk33

jdk33 Well-Known Member

If it's connected to a wifi network it'll prefer that for network connections instead of 3G automatically.

CEV likes this.
  6. CEV

CEV Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking, but just wanted to verify.
    Thanks