• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dummy Problem with 2.3.6 Contacts

chase10

Lurker
May 12, 2013
New to Android. Gingerbread.UBLL1, 2.3.6.

In Contacts I cannot find a way to enter addresses, alternate phone numbers, birthdays, other notes; and I cannot edit any information like this into names and numbers the phone sucked up when I put in the SIM card from my previous phone. The fields seen for a contact are " Phone Call mobile" and "Video call." Choosing EDIT shows fields for only name, number, email. I can't find a way.
Will someone please straighten me out?

Thanks.

Sheesh.

— c

EDIT: I got it. Gotta save to phone memory not SIM. Moderators, ok to delete this.

Reactions: ocnbrze
EDIT: I got it. Gotta save to phone memory not SIM. Moderators, ok to delete this.

glad you were able to figure it out. and thanx for posting your fix for your issue. i think i will leave this up for someone as it might help others who stumbles onto this thread.

pm me if you if you really want to take it down.

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones