Dumping this Droid nonsense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Britney

Britney Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just imagine, cannot forward an email with attachment or save attachment. This is so very basic and yet its lacking.
    After one month, I am sorry to admit...there is not much "smart" about this phone. Have a long way to go to catch up to the Iphone.
    Going back to BB or Iphone.
    Good luck to all.

Advertisement
  2. square

square Well-Known Member

bye!

3. 928Droid

928Droid Member

Bye too! :rolleyes:

4. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

You won't be missed.

5. dakoop

dakoop Well-Known Member

Lol

6. prerunnerseth

prerunnerseth Well-Known Member

looks like its not the phone lacking "smarts" in this case.

Don't know about the built in email client but k9mail does both.

It took the iphone HOW long to get MMS?

7. Droidn00b

Droidn00b Well-Known Member

Maybe she just doesn't know about that app. I'm fairly intelligent but I'll admit that I'm still learning how to use the Droid. I'm referring to all its capabilities. If you all know how to help her, that would be great. :)

8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I'm an IT guy at a large school district. Man, do I get tired of people that can't deal with learning curves. Oh, it's NEVER user-error. Pah-leeeeze!

Then again ... maybe the DROID isn't for everyone. :) I'm fine with that.

9. Coronach

Coronach Well-Known Member

What is the OP talking about? I send and forward emails with attachments all of the time, and save them to the SD card. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

Mike

10. travva

travva Well-Known Member

Cya

11. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

12. Bigger than you

Bigger than you Well-Known Member

Droidn said it best

Please remember your dealing with a young lady Fellas..be gentle and lend her a hand if she needs it.If it was my sister or your sister we would want the same for her.

I am sure she had some moments of frustration and gave in to emotions.

13. Droidn00b

But not everyone is an IT.

Sometimes people just get frustrated trying to figure something out. I normally don't have any trouble getting things to work without using a manual and when something doesn't work right away, I get very impatient. :p

I've also noticed professional businessmen complaining about the Droid not doing something they want it to. In fact, some people (men and women) complain about things that I wouldn't even care about. I'm still not going to be rude to them.

We need the more tech savvy members to help us all out at times. I didn't like seeing people being rude to her.

14. droidism

droidism Well-Known Member

PLEASE PEOPLE STOP DEFENDING THE DROID! To the OP, bye!

15. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

That's great, and that's what these forums are for. Had she asked for help, she would have gotten it. Even if she would've just complained about the problems someone would've offered up solutions. Instead she just said "Droid sucks, goodbye"

I know I'm not the only one sick of these "Bye" threads; they're useless. Just leave, no need to make a thread about it...that kind of behavior reeks of trolls.

16. ItalianScallion

ItalianScallion Well-Known Member

I agree that it would be nice to express a generally more civil tone to the OP, but lobbing a "there is not much 'smart' about this phone" doesn't sound like a cry for help; it smacks of cognitive dissonance (I want to like this phone, but I'm having a hard time figuring it out; I will therefore rationalize this by stating the phone is dumb and other options are better).

That being said, I think messenger13 makes a valid point - I don't think the Droid is for everyone. I can think of a few family members, friends, coworkers, etc., who'd I sooner recommend the iPhone to than the Droid. Don't get me wrong - I don't think the iPhone is a better phone than the Droid (not in the least), but I do think the iPhone is a better phone for some people. Folks who have a hard time figuring out a menu- and option-driven OS, people who don't like to tinker and generally non-tech savvy folks would be better served with Apple's product. A basic program launcher (which is all that the iPhone interface is if you think about it) is going to a much more appropriate GUI for the aforementioned people.

Of course, I continue spreading the Android gospel, but some folks you either just can't reach because of fanboyism or are not cut out for this OS, and that's ok.

17. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Works for me too.

18. rhyno

rhyno Well-Known Member

Maybe there should be a test to see whether someone should get a droid or an iphone.. Perhaps asking the person if they can set the time on a vcr?:D

19. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

No. Young lady, young fella. Its all the same. Women can take guff just the same as men. If they can't then they should fall to the bottom of the pile just like men who can't. Equal means equal. Women aren't the weaklings that some people cut them out to be. Give them equal footing as they deserve it.

20. Droidn00b

Yeah, I wouldn't post a goodbye thread simply because I didn't like the Droid or just out of frustration in general. I normally ignore those threads. The title drew me in. I thought there might be a complaint about something that could affect me and my Droid.

I'm just a bleeding heart, I guess. :)

21. Droidn00b

I will refrain from commenting on sarcastic and condescending remarks. All I want is to discuss the Droid and learn some things. :)

22. CookieMomster

CookieMomster Well-Known Member

Personally I think some of these posts like these are trolls. If she were truly trying to figure out how to use the phone she would ask instead of a speech about some basic thing missing. Let's feed the trolls.

23. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us know. Don't know what we would have done if you hadn't!

24. badandy0014

badandy0014 Active Member

ROFL! That is soo true :p

25. booone0

booone0 Member

and to think, nobody cared about you when you WERE here. We'll definitely miss you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.