• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dungeon Hunter crashing when I get a text

I paid for/downloaded dungeon hunter a few days ago,

and i've found that mid-game if i recieve a text etc. it closes the game, and gives me the following message in a pop up window:

"Sorry. The application Dungeon Hunter (process com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftDHP) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

my only option is to force close it. This in itself would not be so bad just inconvienent.

My major issue is from that point on until i turn off my phone/back on when I get another text (and i'm NOT back in dungeon hunter, didnt' play the game from when i 'force closed' it). I get the exact same error message popping up. yet If I check 'running applications' dungeon hunter isn't running unless i load up the program again.

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and found a fix for it.

I've emailed gameloft as well but haven't heard back at all.

Hi ya

Had exactly the same thing.

Solved it but your not going to like the answer....I put up with it until I completed Dungeon Hunters final level and then had to uninstall the game. Without doing this, every text (I use Handcent as well as the Samsung one) would cause this nuisance message to pop up, despite resetting the phone and having not played Dungeon Hunter for a number of weeks.

I think it's Gamelofts problem. I have other Gameloft games that don't do this.

Hope it helps.

Upvote 0
So a fun little update. Turns out i was wrong initally saying if i cycle power to the phone it stops the error. I've turned the phone off/back on and I STILL get the error message even if I don't load up dungeon hunter after I turn the phone on again.

I got an email from gameloft giving me an alternate link to download the game.

Was told just 100% clear out/delete the old game files etc. So sucks I lost my saved progress but I was only a couple hours into the game anyways.

figured, new link = patched/updated game or whatever.

Nope.. still crashes with same message so... i'm waiting for a reply from gameloft at the worst i'm hoping I can get a refund on my credit card as I really like the game but not if this crashing/error issue keeps coming up 100% of the time. I'm sure there's other rpg's I can download lol.

Upvote 0
Well I got another reply from gameloft.

Sadly not a game fix as they said 'my issue seems to be unique to own individual handset' well no... as i've seen this exact issue on MANY forums etc. I suppose people just aren't complaining to gameloft. Please do send them an email it's the only way this problem will get resolved.

On the plus side I got hero of sparta free in compensation so I can't complain too much at least they did that. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones