Dungeon RPGs to play while we're waiting for Baldur's Gate

1. whitechapels

whitechapels Member

I read that Baldur's Gate is coming out soon on Android in another thread :)

Does anyone know of any good dungeon RPGs on Android out right now?

I've found these ones so far:

Dungeon Ascendance - Kind of like a puzzle RPG cross. Super fun.

Traque - Also free. Cute graphics but kind of hard.

Mini Quests - Amazing pixel graphics! Bit short though.

Any more?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Kruncha

Kruncha Well-Known Member

3. whitechapels

whitechapels Member

Emissary of War looks great!

Over the weekend I found some more dungeon RPGs that youmay not know about:

Cardinal Quest - Old skool style rogue-like. It's quiet fun but some of the classes are a bit easy with the right skills.

Oubliette - Weird name but the closest to the old EYE OF THE BEHOLDER games!
  4. ngrygier

ngrygier Active Member

These look awesome, gonna have to check them out. Thanks for the recommendations :)
  5. whitechapels

whitechapels Member

I'm happy you liked the links!

Here's what I played this week...

It's not a dungeon LOL but its got the smae squid based tactical gameplay as baldur's gate!

KingTurn
  6. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

I want lunar: silver star story. iOS is getting a port of it
  7. whitechapels

whitechapels Member

I guess the BIG games will come to iOS first because iPhone owners are more fly rich hehe.

But but I've got a new one for you ... Avadon. Big game but you need a big wallet too. There is a free demo tho
  8. ktchong

ktchong Well-Known Member

I like Avernum: Escape from the Pit better, but it's only available on iOS.

Avadon and Avernum have the same developer, Spiderweb Software. But Spiderweb Software contracted out the development of Avadon to another developer, as they themselves are not interested in making anything for Android. Not sure if any of their other games will ever be ported to Android. That means the inevitable sequel to Avadon likely will not be available for Android.
  9. whitechapels

whitechapels Member

It does feel like a desktop port. It's hard to tap accurately in combat which is irritating.
  10. umataro42

umataro42 Well-Known Member

I will second the suggestion of Andor's Trail, and also add:

Legends Arcana (there's also a free, ad-supported version, but its easily worth the $2.95)
    Gurk and its sequel Gurk II, are 8-bit style RPGs and also fun (II is $0.99 but well worth it).
  11. whitechapels

whitechapels Member

I liked the Gurk games but found the separate screen for combat slowed down the gameplay.

I have been playing Legend of Yore which seems to be super-popular but it's a bit simple simple
  12. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Do not forget Cthulhu Saves The World.

The premise of the game is that Cthulhu has lost his godly powers and to regain them he must be heroic, so he sets out to save the world so he can destroy it.

I haven't played very far (I have it for the PC), but it is filled with great humour. It has no hard time poking fun at itself and the genre in general.
  13. ktchong

The PC version works fine, but the Android version is garbage - due to the fragmentation of Android OS and devices, the game does not work properly or just does not work on many Android devices. Just check out the game's user ratings and reviews. I say avoid the Android version and just play it on the PC.
    whitechapels likes this.
  14. whitechapels

whitechapels Member

Today's game is wazhack. Its a weird mix of rogue like and realtime movement. The control system feels a bit fiddly but the game is good. Not quite figured out how to run away which is pretty useful in most rogulike.
  15. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

"*** Nexus 7 and Samsung S II owners! We are addressing some crash bugs on those devices and have flagged them as not supported hardware until those issues are fixed. We anticipate this to be done by September 7th. Thanks for your patience."
  16. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Is this in regards to Cthulhu Saves The World?
  17. whitechapels

whitechapels Member

I guess so.

Anyway, here's a new link for ya all dungeon RPG fans:

Trap Hunter - it's 3d. Japanese. The paid version is expensive. But it's got an interesting mechanic and looks pretty.

I'm running out of thsee. Anyone else got any lol?
  18. ktchong

I have Trap Hunter for a year now. It is a tactical game. It is NOT an RPG. It does not even have a storyline or central plot. There is zero character/NPC interaction.
  19. syi

syi Well-Known Member

Srpg is still rpg
  20. hairypiglet

hairypiglet Member

Is a terrible, dark oubliette? Hehe Haven't you seen Labyrinth?

Oubliette is a dungeon with only one opening, at the top. From old french oublier "to forget." Its a place where you put people when you want to forget about them.
  21. beachballblast

beachballblast New Member

I have not heard about Baldur's Gate, but that sounds awesome...time to look into that one!
  22. syi

syi Well-Known Member

Heroes call is pretty good if you can get past having to buy new classez