Dunkin Donuts Finder

Last Updated:

1. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have found a Starbucks Finder, works quite well. Yet - sometimes there is nothing like a Dunkin Donuts coffee. Would love to see this integrate with Google Maps....anyone? :cool:

Advertisement
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Well-Known Member

I second!

3. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Just being silly here, but ...

why dont you just search in google maps for them ?

4. polyclef

polyclef Active Member

Hey, people want a dedicated app for a particular type of business, who's to deny them?

We just uploaded "Dunkin Donuts Finder" to the market. It's free. Enjoy.

5. yankeeboy

Wow, you guys are awesome!! Ask and you shall receive. I checked the market and its not there. How long do new apps take to show up?

6. polyclef

polyclef Active Member

It should go live within minutes. It's showing up on my market app. Check under Apps>Lifestyle>Just In. The market search engine is sometimes problematic, and I've heard issues of certain apps not showing up on certain phones/providers.

Now, the minimum OS version is 1.6. Hopefully you're not on a phone running 1.5.

7. yankeeboy

Unfortunately I have the Droid Eris which is 1.5 :(

8. polyclef

polyclef Active Member

I thought I was having problems with some of my map functionality under 1.5 and that's why I'd set the min at 1.6. But I went back and tested it and it seemed to be all right, so I just reset the min OS requirement to 1.5 and republished it. Check again in a bit and hopefully it will show up for you.

And hopefully it's what you're looking for. It just searches for the 4 nearest Dunkin' Donuts (within 50 miles) to you and gives you the address and distance to each location if you click on the icon. The results are sometimes a little weird, especially if there's not a DD near you. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

9. yankeeboy

OK, I was able to find it and download - thanks.

The initial screen is great - LOVE THE DD FONT!

When I click on launch map, I see a purple dot (which I am assuming is me) and 2 buttons - ME and SEARCH. The Google Map does not show up it just looks like a grid, when i click search, it shows 2 donuts close to me on the "Grids". Also, when I back out of the application, the GPS stays on...I have to force quit to get it to stop...

Chris

10. polyclef

polyclef Active Member

Man, sorry about the issues. I was having a problem with the Maps API key. I really do hope it's straightened out with the last upload.