Duplicate COntacts not from gmailTips

Last Updated:

1. benchshirt

benchshirt New Member This Topic's Starter

I just have yahoo, facebook and gmail synched, but some of my contacts show up 5-6 times and theyre not from gmail....anyone know how to remove them?

Advertisement
  2. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Actually, I noticed that when I sync'd up my Facebook Contacts, it adds A LOT of duplicates, so I removed the sync for Facebook contacts. More hassle than I want to deal with.

3. tbta02

tbta02 Well-Known Member

select people icon ,it will show all contacts with multiples .hit menu then view .leave only google contacts checked and phone entries checked then hit done .when you hit people next time only your phone contacts that are stored from google and phone entries will show up only .to get other lists tap the globe icon from people app .you will see facebook and twitter and other lists you created seperate from your entries .you can sync fb contacts and phone contacts without all the duplicates .this drove me crazy on my droid incredible .hope it helps

4. benchshirt

benchshirt New Member This Topic's Starter

That actually worked, thanks. There were two facebooks on there and the non htc sense facebook had 11000+ contacts! (most were tom jones @ com.facebook or variations thereof)

5. dark

dark Active Member

Wow!!! That's a lot loaded of emails. I can't imagine if its duplicate 1k to 2k. it insanely lot! BTW glad ya sorted it out. :)