Duplicate Email (Verizon) on Droid2?Support

Last Updated:

1. littlegal

littlegal New Member This Topic's Starter

I've had the Droid 2 for a week and haven't had a single problem with anything (other than my husband sneaking it out of my bag to play with it). I have my personal (Verizon) and work (Gmail) emails syncing and all has been going smoothly until this afternoon when I started getting two copies of every personal/Verizon email. I logged on to Verizon webmail and all looks good there - only one copy of each message...

I'm not sure what setting to check on my phone or what to try and I don't want to mess anything up!

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

Do you mean you are getting 2 notifications? Or when you open your email on your phone there are 2 emails?

Also, so this is a verizon email... is it a Verizon.net email or something like that?

3. littlegal

littlegal New Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, it's my verizon.net email account.

When I open either the Messages folder or the Email folder for that account there are two copies of every message. I'm also getting two sound notifications for every message.

I haven't touched a thing on the phone b/c I'm afraid of deleting or changing something important, though I'm sure it's a simple fix I just don't know about...

Thanks for your help!