Duplicate Icons

Last Updated:

1. DJInBoise

DJInBoise Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone getting duplicate icons after installing a new app? I've had this happen twice now. I download so many apps so not sure which one might have caused it. I'm not able to trash the icon either and end up uninstalling and reinstall the app. Strange.

DJ

Advertisement
  2. Mixmaster300

Mixmaster300 Active Member

I have not had a problem with duplicate icons but this morning when I looked at my Droid which had been on all night, a few of the icons with not lined up properly. I tried to move them back in place but they would not stay. I rebooted and they we back in line. Have no idea what caused the problem. Have you tried to reboot after instillation? I am wondering if the duplicate icon would go away then.

3. Freebyrd

Freebyrd Active Member

I've had this problem also, but only with "Documents to Go". I'd like to get the extra icon off also. No big problem, just annoying.

4. DJInBoise

DJInBoise Active Member This Topic's Starter

Reboot! Reboot! Reboot! Thanks Mixmaster300. I've always told my mom to Reboot the PC whenever there's an issue. Then when I have an issue with my phone I forget about rebooting. That resolved the issue and no more duplicate icon. Thanks!

DJ

5. Lis

Lis New Member

Mixmaster300 - I found this post after searching the web for a solution to duplicate icons on my Motorola Droid. All other posts said to drag it into the trash can - which didn't work. I joined this forum just so I could thank you for a common sense solution. The reboot worked and my sanity is saved.
    :)

6. terryjohn316

terryjohn316 New Member

New to Motorola Droid. Have duplicate icons of Contacts and Browser on opening screen. When I press the down arrow box I only see the icons in alpha order, no duplications. Anyway to only have one icon appear on opening screen?

7. wricks

wricks Member

I'm new at this also, so take the following with a grain of salt.....
    Double check to see if both icons open the same app. Touch and hold the icon you want to remove. Drag it down to the "down arrow" or app tray which should have turned to a trash can. When it turns red, release. You'e done.

8. Drfaisal

Drfaisal New Member

Here is a solution that worked for me, don't know why? Reboot your phone. While the phone is preparing the SD card, open the application drawer and wait for the phone to recognize the applications on tha SD card. Your duplicate icons won't appear. Hope it works for you too...