Duplicate Imported Facebook for HTC Friend ContactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Over the last couple of weeks, I've had some problems with Facebook for HTC (between contacts and FriendStream). Through performing some fixes, I've had to remove my Facebook account from the phone, and set it up again twice. Well tonight, after removing the account, I could not get ANY of my contacts to show up at all. This includes my regular Google contacts (not just the ones synced with FB. It looked like the phone was trying to sync and never loading when I opened the people app.

Well, this went on for about an hour with no luck, even with rebooting several times. I finally decided to setup my Facebook account again. Sure enough, once I setup the FB account, all of my contacts showed up fine with no syncing issue. The problem is, now when I go into a contact that has no FB contact link, press the "link" icon on the top right, select Facebook, it lists multiples of ALL of my Facebook friends. Almost as if each time I setup my Facebook account again, it just re-imported all of my FB friends without replacing them.

How can I delete these duplicates, or even all of my Facebook contacts / friends from my phone, and re-import them? Anyone else have this issue? It seems that removing my Facebook account from my phone not only causes problems with all of my regular Google contacts, but also doesn't delete the Facebook friends left behind on the phone. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Squintz82

I just noticed that when I go to compose a new MMS and choose a contact, it shows TONS of duplicate contact info. I really hope the only option isn't a hard reset.

3. Squintz82

OK, well I solved the issue. Turns out that when I deleted my FB account, the phone was trying to update my contacts and remove the FB associations. Since I had so many duplicates, it was taking forever to finish. I let the phone do it's thing, and it finally finished and my FB contacts were gone.

After re-syncing FB, it's back to normal.

redlabour likes this.
  4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

That's good! You could also have had an issue with gmail contacts. By going to gmail.com -> contacts, you can merge multiple emails, phone numbers, etc into a single contact :)