Duplicate Inboxes Appearing Stock email ClientSupport

Last Updated:

1. waterfowlzone

waterfowlzone New Member This Topic's Starter

I just recently setup my email on my HTC Evo using the stock email client. I use Google Apps for my email and setup the email using IMAP. Everything appears to be working correctly.

However, tonight I noticed that the email client continues to create multiple 100+ folders called "inbox". When I click one of those folders there is nothing in the folder but it begins to download all the email that is on the server.

It looks like each time I open the email client another inbox is automatically being created. I deleted the account and started over and the same thing happens multiple inboxes are starting to be created again.

I decided I would delete the account in my stock mail client and recreated the account.

When I did this I opened the mail client and there were two inboxes from the start. Then the next time I opened there were3, then 4 and so on...It appears that every time the client opens it generates a new inbox.

Granted there is nothing in the inbox until I actually click and open the inbox when I do that the emails start downloading.

Again, using the stock email client. Setting up IMAP, using Google Apps with my own business domain for the email service.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I had this issue on my Droid, but not on my evo. I would have to assume it's a glitch on the phone since non one reported it. Deleting my mail and reinstalling didn't help. This issue would carry into the thrash folder as well. I would delete the mail and another a duplicate would pop up and i delete it again. Then my thrash folder would tell me there's mail there but in reality there isn't.

The only thing I can suggest since no one else is reporting it is to take it back to sprint and have them look at it and maybe get it replaced.

3. rgortiz

rgortiz New Member

I am having this same problem with the multiple inboxes, and have tried everything I can think of to get rid of them. I have a Droid Incredible 2 with Verizon. The app seems to be the problem. Using the GMAIL mail app the problem does not occur.