Duplicate New Mail Notification

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DFWDraco76, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Hey everybody! I'm a new Hero user - first time Android user. I just made the switch from ::shudder:: Windows Mobile on an HTC Touch Pro -- and can't believe I didn't switch sooner!

My question tonight is in regards to new mail notification, specifically I seem to be getting duplicate notifications. One looks like an envelope (I get this for Exchange and Gmail [imap]), and the other looks like an @ (this is for gmail).

How can I prevent the duplicate notifications? I really did try searching the forums first, and Google, but didn't turn up anything useful.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Advertisement

2. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Computer Technician
    Take a guess
    There is two email clients - hence two different notifications. Ones icon is a mailbox the other is the gmail envelope. If you had the same account set up in each one then you will get duplicate notifications.

3. ahhhhh, ok thanks. I did manually set up my gmail account in the same app that Exchange is set up in; I don't recall doing it any other place, but maybe when it synced w/ my google account it did that automatically...

I'll remove the 1st one ("mail") and leave the gmail.

Thanks!!!

4. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Computer Technician
    Take a guess
    No problem! Enjoy your new phone.

Tags: