Duplicate New Mail Notification

Last Updated:

1. DFWDraco76

DFWDraco76 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everybody! I'm a new Hero user - first time Android user. I just made the switch from ::shudder:: Windows Mobile on an HTC Touch Pro -- and can't believe I didn't switch sooner!

My question tonight is in regards to new mail notification, specifically I seem to be getting duplicate notifications. One looks like an envelope (I get this for Exchange and Gmail [imap]), and the other looks like an @ (this is for gmail).

How can I prevent the duplicate notifications? I really did try searching the forums first, and Google, but didn't turn up anything useful.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Advertisement
  2. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

There is two email clients - hence two different notifications. Ones icon is a mailbox the other is the gmail envelope. If you had the same account set up in each one then you will get duplicate notifications.

3. DFWDraco76

DFWDraco76 Member This Topic's Starter

ahhhhh, ok thanks. I did manually set up my gmail account in the same app that Exchange is set up in; I don't recall doing it any other place, but maybe when it synced w/ my google account it did that automatically...

I'll remove the 1st one ("mail") and leave the gmail.

Thanks!!!

4. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

No problem! Enjoy your new phone.