• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Duplicate Number Won't Go Away - Facebook Contact Info Not Updating...

I've had an issue with a contact:

Google Contact - Parents Landline
Facebook Contact - Brother - had landline listed in his profile

I got him to remove the old number from his profile, but I can't get it to update on my Desire... So it still displays when I link his Google & Facebook contacts...

As a result of this whenever I get a call from my parents house, it shows up with his Facebook photo/name...

I've tried going into the Sync settings in Settings and forcing it to re-sync, but no change...

I've tried deleting the Google contacts and re-adding them, but that's not done the trick :-s

If anyone's got any suggestions I'd love to hear...

Have you tried unlinking his facebook profile and then linking it again.

I had a rubbish picture as my facebook profile pic when i sorted the phone out, and then changed it but my phone still displayed the bad one. After much messing around i eventually sorted it by doing something along the lines of unlinking and then syncing it up again.

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd put the solution in here for anyone else that might be having the same trouble...

I'd already tried deleting the individual contact from my Google contacts, which hadn't worked, and several forced re-synchronisations...

I deleted the Facebook account from the phone completely, then re-added it... Once it was re-added and synchronised the issue was no longer there...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones