Duplicate songs in musicGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dparker313

dparker313 Member

So I recently upgraded to the latest leak OS, although this problem existed before I upgraded at all, so I think it's related to how I'm syncing my songs or the way the song files exist on my computer.

Anyway, I have iTunes and use DoubleTwist to sync to my Eris. I download most of my music with Limewire, and it seems those files downloaded with Limewire specifically appear twice or sometimes three times on my Eris. I have the setting within Limewire set so that downloads are automatically added to iTunes. Is it possible that there are two directories for each of these songs on my computer, and somehow DoubleTwist is putting the files from each on my Eris?

It's really annoying and I can't figure it out... it's especially annoying when I set my Eris to shuffle my music and the same songs repeat over and over! Any ideas? Thank you!

2. Roaddog

Roaddog Well-Known Member

Check the physical files on your computer for duplicates. I suspect that you have multiple copies of the actual songs on your hdd. Pop open the download folder you have set up with limewire or your music storing location of choice and I'll bet dollars to donuts there's a bunch of songs that you have multiples of.

Barring that, I would question whether DoubleTwist is somehow fouling up the transfer process. Is it actually syncing up your Eris and iTunes on your computer or is it re-pushing your entire playlist to your phone each time you "sync" it? If it is, when you have your phone connected to your computer, browse the SD card like a usb drive and find the duplicates and delete them.

If, after all of that, you actually only have one file on your computer and one file on your phone and multiple listings in your playlist I would try another music player from the market and see if it has the same issues. If it does, then there may be an issue with how the songs are named or organized.

No matter what, you should absolutely without a doubt uninstall limewire and never use it again. That stuff is lousy with virii, fakes and spam. Not to mention most of the quality is crap.