Durable case for Moment?Tips

Last Updated:

1. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking for suggestions for a durable and reliable case for the Moment. When I bought my phone, I bought the two-pack of 2-part covers for the phone (two different colors). Both have separated from the phone at the worst possible times, and the phone now has some serious road rash. (Thankfully, the display survived both falls without a single scratch.)

I was looking for something along the lines of an Otter Box, but they don't seem to make one for the Moment.

My ideal case would be:
    1) A single piece, as opposed to the two-part snap-on type.
    2) Allows full use of the phone while in the case--including access to keyboard.
    3) Has a belt clip.
    4) Rugged, without tripling the size of the phone. However, function is more important to me, than appearance.

I've seen many options on the Internet, but all seem to be lacking the belt clip. If anyone can point me in the direction of a good case, please let me know.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dbelleman

dbelleman Well-Known Member

3. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Damn that looks nice!

4. RickMG

RickMG Member

I bought a clear two piece case off ebay on the cheap. Although it works fine, clear always shows the dirt that gets inside it. I went to the ones you get at the Sprint store, two for about $20. Works and looks great.

5. heathershipp

heathershipp Well-Known Member

I think this is what the person is trying to avoid. I purchased those snap on cases when I got my phone.... They are not worth it at all...

6. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Exactly. I have that two-pack of cases, and both have failed. As a result, I'm not sure I can trust any snap-on type case for this phone.

That Body Glove case does look nice, but again, it snaps on to the phone. Will I have similar problems with that one over time?

I think I just have to resign myself to the fact that I won't find everything I'm looking for, and will have to compromise on something else--perhaps a universal pouch or something.

Thanks for the replies.

7. badboy4unix

badboy4unix New Member

The two for one from sprint fails over time. My back cover has cracked and is now falling off frequently. Front cover falls off often now two. Expect to get 3-6 months max out of them.

8. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

They are nice but only if you never try and remove it from the phone. The fit is snug and the plastic is stiff. The small tabs that hold it to the phone break off. I had one for about a month and decided to remove it. I'd read about others with the same problem and tried as carefully as possible but two of tabs broke, rendering it useless.

danz likes this.
  9. thenrik

thenrik Well-Known Member

Hi:

Cases for the Moment are hard to find. Many manufacturers clearly are not going to sell moment cases. I guess Sprint doesn't have enough Mojo for them. Here's a belt loop case that fits and works:
    Hi:

I have a horizontal case with two belt loops and a clip:

Black & Brown Horizontal cell phone cases

You'll see it on the page labeled "X-Large" with a picture of a Reiko case:
    Black extra large case
    Perfect for Sidekick
    Size: 4.5" x 2.5" x 1.0"
    Features:
    High-quality leather like material
    Keeps screen from getting scratched

10. graphixgurl

graphixgurl Member

Anyone try the Amzer which looks to be a plastic case with a rubbery finish? Has anyone tried/bought other snap on cases that hold up to falls/drops? I figure a hard case would probably absorb more shock than a silicon gel.

Thanks.
    Dawn

11. redquestron

redquestron Member

I am a constant snap on case replacer, and I find that eBay (i know. agg) has a pretty varied selection of snap on shells. I'm currently using a nice dark red metallic case that is mildly rubberized. Was the best of all of the snap on shells I purchased and I think it cost me 1.95 shipped. Couple that with a 5 pack of screen covers for about 2 bucks and I'm set for awhile. Seriously, though. those 1.95 shells were surprising, just like the more expensive ones from the sprint store! It just takes like 14 days or so to get em (shipped from Hong Kong).

If anyone wants info on em, let me know and I'll hit up my account and see if I still have the information.