Dust behind screen+screen defects

Last Updated:

1. zentech

zentech Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum but have read quite a few threads about other people that have some dust behind their new droid's screens. My first droid which I ordered from VZW online had dust behind the screen so I brought that one in. Now this 2nd droid which I exchanged at the local verizon store seems to have either scratches on it behind the screen or more particles that are stuck behind the screen. It's not a dead pixel, but instead looks like a scratch, however it doesn't seem to be on the face of the display.

What's up with the quality of these handsets? I haven't had a motorola headset in quite some time and I love the droid OS, but the quality of the droid itself is making me nervous about how it's going to turn out for m. Maybe I should invest in the VZ insurance, heh.

Anyone else having these sorts of issues?

Advertisement
  2. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

you guys are just super anal. :D

3. zentech

zentech Member This Topic's Starter

My wife says the same thing..LoL....I feel sorry for those who pay the $500 price tag for this thing though and get a blemish on their screen. My 3 year old ipod touch doesn't have a single screen blemish, dust spec...etc..

4. Amaroth

Amaroth Well-Known Member

I hate when people use the word anal when they aren't talking about butt holes.
    And this isn't some random ocd issue. My droid has a ton of little particles of dust under the screen and it is unacceptable. I'm gonna post pics in a bit.

Update: Here are the pics I took Picasa Web Albums - amaroth - Dusty droid

Here is one of them http://lh5.ggpht.com/_UyV5LTkb1BQ/Swzq3BvUlzI/AAAAAAAAATY/IV10sjE5BKg/1125090001.jpg

I completely wiped off any dust and oil/smudges from the screen. All the dots and lines you see are UNDER THE SCREEN/GLASS. It is just loaded with DUST.

5. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

who says i wasn't talking about buttholes...

edit: but yeah i do see the dust in your pics, sorta.

6. Cruzatte

Cruzatte Well-Known Member

Same problem here. Exactly the same. Top left. Didn't do anything to it, expose it to anything, etc.

What I want to know is if it happened gradually and finally got to the point where I noticed it, or if there was some particular event that threw it in there all at once.