Dust specs under screen?Support

Last Updated:

1. Bluesun_EVO

Bluesun_EVO Active Member This Topic's Starter

I had this problem with my iPhone, and it was awful. Towards the end, it started to get really really bad.

There are now two dust specs on the left side of the screen; one on top, and one on the bottom.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do about this? It seems silly to return the phone and get a new one for something so simple, but if it becomes a large problem, it will not be something I am willing to live with.

Maybe get one of those invisible shield things?

Advertisement
  2. bck9900

bck9900 Well-Known Member

Are you sure that it is not dead pixels? Or forgive me for asking a small smudge on your screen that is cleanable?
    If it's dead pixels the problem will get worse. If it really is Dust under the screen then I would imagine that problem would get worse too.
    I would recommend taking advantage of the free exchange available right now.
    Goodluck!

3. bobcatseaweed

bobcatseaweed Member

AHHH! This is happening to me as well. Day 2 and i have a dust spec at the bottom of my screen. I know its not a dead pixel because you can see it with the phone off. Makes me sad, and i got a ton of light-bleed that shoots up from the home keys into the screen.

4. bck9900

bck9900 Well-Known Member

It sounds like yalls phones arent sealed very well. I would definately take them back and exchange them. Let us know what happens!

5. bobcatseaweed

bobcatseaweed Member

Yeah i hate trying to return somthing if the next one will do the same exact thing...is this just a "few bad ones" or all the first EVOs going to be like this?

6. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

The Hero's had this problem bad as well. The dust was getting in through the volume rocker. The only half descent solution was to use the silicone cases so that it covers the opening around the rocker.

thelber likes this.
  7. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

This could be a problem with HTC phones.

The Hero had this problem, the Nexus One had this problem and I have had three Desires which have all had this problem. I suppose I should add that these all had dust under the screen when I first took them out of the box.

It's a simple problem, which doesn't affect the performance of the phone. However, it's still very annoying.

8. aliveon2legs

aliveon2legs Well-Known Member

You don't happen to work in the food industry, do you? I worked at a pizza place in college and it seemed like dust (flour) got in everything, including my cell phone.