Dust Under Camera GlassSupport

Last Updated:

1. acousticgtarist

acousticgtarist Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else encountered this? I have dust under the glass of the camera and it's driving me nuts. It's not just a few specs, but its a lot. Not sure if I should complain to vzw or maybe there is a fix that someone else came across.

Advertisement
  2. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

Why fix it.....return it for a new one!

3. acousticgtarist

I got the phone at launch, so I'm passed my 30 days..and my 60 days if you want to go by that lol

4. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

Same problem here, noticed it a few days ago.

5. acousticgtarist

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It wouldn't bug me if I knew it wasn't going to tamper with the photo quality..For all I know, within a year it'll be caked in there blocking all visibility.

6. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Pop it off, clean, put it back on.

7. TazMac

TazMac Active Member

When I first got my phone, I had a big black mark on the screen when using the still camera but not in the video mode. The spot also showed up in the pictures. I popped the small lens off and cleaned it and it still remained. I took the phone to the local Verizon store and they put me on a list for a replacement (about a month and still haven't heard from them).

Anyway, the spot disappeared about two days after I reported it.

Just a heads up.

8. calsonicshifter

calsonicshifter New Member

How is your lens? I just noticed my lens is not flush with the red ring, meaning its lower on the left side. Im afraid this is going to lead to dust getting under the lens.

9. acousticgtarist

ugh, this is what im worried about. I dont want to have to wait for weeks on weeks to get a replacement. I'm also hesitant to remove the glass myself to clean it...not to comfortable with that just yet

10. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Well-Known Member

Yup... I have a few small specks on the underside of the lens... Since it's not showing up in photos, I am not going to concern myself with it at this point...

11. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

I have the same issue. A speck appeared about two weeks ago. I removed the lens cover and it still remains. So, it's actually under the camera lens. And yes I tried to clean the outside of the lens. It's a large speck and it's driving me crazy. My phone has been problem free and the thought of swapping for another phone kind of scares me. My wife just got her incredible last week and it's having lots of 'freezing' issues with apps.