Dust Under Screen - Exchanging for a new EVO - Quick Question Regarding Stores

Last Updated:

1. AGeleff

AGeleff Active Member This Topic's Starter

I absolutely love this phone and want to keep it, but the build quality is pretty shotty thus far.

I want to exchange my existing EVO because my screen has some separation at the bottom and I'd like to stop it from getting worse. There is also a TON of dust in the upper left hand corner of the screen. All of which are problems that are seemingly widespread.

My question is this: Can I exchange the EVO at ANY store that sells the EVO, or must I exchange it at a Sprint store? I only ask because some stores in my area have inventory, while other stores are sold out. ;/

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Within the first 30 days, you must return the phone where you bought it. So, if you bought at radio shack, you have to take it there. if you bought at a sprint store, you can take it back to any sprint store.

3. AGeleff

I bought the phone online. Does that mean I need to call and have it exchanged over the phone?

4. ShoxV

ShoxV Well-Known Member

If you bought it from sprint online you can mail it back to them or take it to a CORPORATE store, but theyll charge a 35$ restocking fee.

5. AGeleff

A restocking fee for a defect? That's kind of hilarious, actually. I'd probably tell them to cancel my service on the spot. See how fast that restocking fee is waived. :p

6. MobstaJ

MobstaJ Active Member

Yep, this is pretty familiar bu11sh1t that you have to deal with with these increasingly subpar HTC phones. I had dust under the screens of 3 different HTC hero's, the first of which I mailed to sprint and was charged a restocking fee for. I called to get the fee removed which was an ordeal. The other 2 I took to sprint stores where I had to argue with reps at length that it wasn't the norm for phones to collect dust under the screen, dust big enough to obscure multiple pixels. They insisted that the defect was purely cosmetic. Good luck. I'm anxious to hear how widespread this new EVO problem is.

7. Selfdestruct

Selfdestruct Well-Known Member

If its within the first 30 days theres no restocking fee

8. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Well this isn't really true. I got mine at Radio Shack and the Sprint store service center swapped my second one out when Radio Shack could not get inventory in a timely manner under warranty.

9. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Their not supposed to if you bought it at RS. I tried that with mine I got from RS, and they wouldnt let me, even though they had 3 phones in stock. So I had to wait 2 weeks for RS to get another one in.

10. dodgeram02

dodgeram02 Active Member

ALL you have to do is take it to a SPRINT STORE.they will EXCHANGE for you..I did.....