• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dust under Screen issue

ive had the dev for 3 days i have a great unit. not a thing wrong..... except the speck in the top right hand corner but nothing else is showing up. so i belive it was there since shipping..... but in between the bezel i do get small specs but i get em away right before they sneak in. if your guys units are like mine with that one small speck......... its not even an issue............i walk the city streets everyday with my phone and its exposed to loads of dust....... can help it at all....... now that i own the device i can say this is the minor of tyhe minor when it comes to issues. the real annoying thing is the placement of the soft key sensors.... but i got used to pressing upwards a bit.besides that i havent read nor experienced anything else severe besides the screen issue...... would rather not find that one out. and the phone heating up during charge.. but it stops when it gets around 80...... weird.......
but to that guy calling me a troll im sure your just some bum who ACTUALLY DOESNT own the phone. when you post your recipt mine will fly on up. your picking an argument. therefore your the troll.enjoy not knowing anything.

i don't have time to dig out the reciept, if you REALLY have the phone, you can recognize this...
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...authkey=Gv1sRgCIe9mNi31vK0zAE&feat=directlink

Upvote 0
Well I took a hair dryer to the screen last night and didn't accomplish much. I heated it up as much as I care to and pressed down for a few minutes on one corner that was making the clicking sound and it's still making that sound. It was pretty hot too. I don't think there is any point in trying that with the new phone. As soon as my new screen protector comes (which should be any day now) I'll make the switch and start carrying the new phone without the pouch and in a case. We'll see what happens.

Upvote 0
Well, there are a handfull of phones that are 99% dust-free. iPhone 1Gen has it's LCD glued to the digitizer (glass), thus making it almost impossible for dust to get in. However the 3G and 3Gs LCD and digitizer is not glued togehter (cheaper construction), and dust will eventually get in under the glass. The only other phone I know that has a LCD glued to the digitizer is the HTC HD2 (lucky me). :)

On the Nexus One, the screen and LCD is NOT glued together in one piece, as clearly seen here: http://rj3sp.blogspot.com/2010/01/google-phone-nexus-one-disassembly.html - thus dust will always get in.

I'm in for buying a Desire, however I will not untill I know if the lcd and digitizer is glued together. ;)

Upvote 0
Well, there are a handfull of phones that are 99% dust-free. iPhone 1Gen has it's LCD glued to the digitizer (glass), thus making it almost impossible for dust to get in. However the 3G and 3Gs LCD and digitizer is not glued togehter (cheaper construction), and dust will eventually get in under the glass. The only other phone I know that has a LCD glued to the digitizer is the HTC HD2 (lucky me). :)

On the Nexus One, the screen and LCD is NOT glued together in one piece, as clearly seen here: LinkNotes: The Google Phone Nexus One Disassembly - thus dust will always get in.

I'm in for buying a Desire, however I will not untill I know if the lcd and digitizer is glued together. ;)

Just been browsing through the Nexus One section as I know dust was a problem with some handsets.

It seems dust is a problem on some of the HTC Desire handsets as well. I've had three so far and all have had dust out of the box.

Upvote 0
So...how can you tell you have dust under the screen? Is there an angle that you can see the dirt clearly? lol I've check at all possible angle with screen off and in direct sunlight and can't find anything. So it's either I don't have any dust or I suck at finding it. So was just wondering and felt like brining another thread back from its slumber :p

Upvote 0
So...how can you tell you have dust under the screen? Is there an angle that you can see the dirt clearly? lol I've check at all possible angle with screen off and in direct sunlight and can't find anything. So it's either I don't have any dust or I do but I suck at finding it. So was just wondering and felt like brining another thread back from its slumber :p

If you have it, you will see it! :D I noticed mine mostly on sunny days with the sun shining down on the screen whilst it was asleep.

I sent my Nexus One back to HTC UK a few months ago due to a power button issue and I had dust under the screen at the time. When I got it back it was dust free and has been dust free since using it so (to me) it looks like they fixed the dust issue somehow.

I got a different glass screen on mine when I got it back because when I sent it in, I had a tiny scratch on the screen but the AMOLED display was the same one as it has a single stuck pixel on the top left of the display.

So happy to have a dust free Nexus. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones