• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dust under screen...Sprint fixed that!

Billkwando

Android Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010
USA
I normally don't have much nice to say about Sprint customer service, but I do this time. I had a little poof of dust under the glass on bottom-left corner of my Intercept screen so, as a goof, I took it to the Sprint store asking if they could fix (and fully expecting them to just look at me funny and tell me "Get out").

Well...... they said they'd never had to fix that for my phone before, and to come back in an hour. I did, and sure enough, it was fixed! Screen looks like it did when it was new, and nothing is loose, jiggley or rattley. As a matter of fact, the sliding action might be a little tighter/newer feeling. I noticed when he handed it back to me that the case was kinda bowed at the seam at the bottom of the keyboard, but he just pinched it, and it snapped back together, good as new.

Obviously everyone's sprint store is gonna be different, but at least you know you don't have to be completely terrified. At very least they have service manuals and the proper tools & info needed to fix this phone.

I'm glad you had a good experience. Are you sure it's the same phone?

Yeah, the battery indicator is where I left it.

I'm wondering now if they saw z4root on there and voided my warranty (though it wasn't actually rooted). Would they have to tell me?

Another indicator that it was actually taken apart was that issue with the case not being completely snapped back together. LOL

Upvote 0
I'm surprised they would do a screen replacement in store. I've done it to the Moment and it requires removing everything from the phone and heating the screen to loosen the adhesive. It's about as involved a repair as you can do with the phone. Are you sure the part they snapped wasn't the battery cover? The battery level would be the same, refurbs don't come with batteries. It doesn't really matter, as long as you're happy.

If they saw zroot (and cared) you would know it because they would use it as an excuse not to fix the phone.

Upvote 0
I'm surprised they would do a screen replacement in store. I've done it to the Moment and it requires removing everything from the phone and heating the screen to loosen the adhesive. It's about as involved a repair as you can do with the phone. Are you sure the part they snapped wasn't the battery cover? The battery level would be the same, refurbs don't come with batteries. It doesn't really matter, as long as you're happy.

If they saw zroot (and cared) you would know it because they would use it as an excuse not to fix the phone.

Nah, it was the bottom seam of the kb for sure (had it in my hand and handed it back to him). I think they just removed everything and cleaned the glass from the inside. I can check the sticker when I get home to be sure, of course. I still have the box.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones