• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dust under screen?

Anyone else seen/had this problem? There is a spec of dust along the left side of the screen about 1" up. Its definatly under the glass and annoying as shit. Also the metal on the frame is so dense that it has 3 small and i mean SMALL pits in the metal.... How is this even possible? I use my iPhone as a coaster for the Droid and it sits in my pocket glass out... They are definatly pitted indentions in the metal as you can run your fingernail across them and feel it. Any ideas if I can go into verizon store to get a replacement for the spec under the glass? I bought it online launch day and have only had it since monday. Thanks in advance.

That was fast...

Question - Do you carry the phone in your pocket with a pouch or case? (pocket lint?)

no pouch or case... I would think that the scratches could come from the bottem of my pockets but the gouges in the metal are by the mic area which is always at the top part of my pocket. If that makes sense. I just dont understand how these nics are occuring so easily.

Upvote 0
maybe this is a situation where a case will help. Though it doesn't really seem to need one and it stops it from working with the docks.

well the biggest problem is that the case renders the dock and car mount useless unless you take it OUT of the case every time...big pain in my ass for something that should be standard. The phone is sealed so I am hoping they will swap it it out for me. Probably going to run over there today. I will keep you guys updated.

Upvote 0
Ya, I had a black spec under the glass on my first droid that was there from the day I got it. I tried everything to get it out but nothing worked. Finally I called up Verizon and they said I have 30 days to return/exchange/etc. So, if you aren't happy with your phone, get a new one. That's what I did :)

Upvote 0
I have a spec under the screen as well about 1 inch up and 1 inch over from the bottom left. I tried to exchange it 2 stores and they told me it was cosmetic and not covered. My main store said I could return it and get another one but it would cost me a $35 restocking fee. I'm going to call the manager of the store on Monday.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones