Dust under screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. writhum

writhum Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    My droid is in the 3909 batch, and so far I've had no software problems. However, there are now a few pieces of dust that have found their way under the screen, around the edges. I keep my phone in my pocket, which I make sure I clean out every day. Is this normal, or is it something that I should exchange the phone for? I'm worried that if it's happened within the first week, it will continue to get worse.
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

I keep it in my pocket and don't have that problem. Although if it's bothering you i recommend you exchange it.

3. writhum

Thanks, yeah I probably will. Does verizon grief you about getting an exchange, or do they have no right to?

4. jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980 Well-Known Member

Must be an ex-storm user.

5. writhum

Haha nah, but I have heard really bad things about the storm being a dust magnet. I was hoping the droid's casing was sealed a bit better...has anyone else encountered a dust/particle problem?

6. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

I found a thread on this over at HF.. seems to be a common problem and some have had their Droids replaced over this.

7. writhum

Thanks for the infos

8. hagar852

hagar852 Active Member

HF?

9. writhum

I believe he's referring to HowardForums.com, a site with many mobile device forums.

10. writhum

I exchanged mine for a new one today, unfortunately it was from the early 3909 batch...but so far there's nothing wrong (besides the camera red autofocus). Most importantly, no dust under the screen =)

11. landis73

landis73 Active Member

40/09 here. Don't have the issue.

12. nji911

nji911 Member

I have dust under my screen BAD. I had the phone for 3 days and ide say about 100 specs of dust in the upper left corner. I tried returning it and they told me that this isnt replacable since its cosmetic. Seems like BS since the phone isnt even a week old. If I want to exchange it, I have to pay the $35 restocking fee. What to do, what to do...

13. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

Go to another store or talk with the manager of the one you went to. Telling you dust under the screen is cosmetic is a bunch of bull. They should exchange it for you.

14. nji911

nji911 Member

Went to three different VZW stores. They all said they couldn't do anything about it...

15. jony317

jony317 Member

thats f'n BS, they should exchange it no ?'s
    i have a spec under my screen too, after only a wk, what the hell is up with moto, i had a razr previously that collected tons of dust & I'm sure i got a new 1 b/c of it, I'm not impressed by the droid so far, I'm in SF where cnet does tehir cell reviews & they said the net was blazing, my droid is not even close to blazing, mediocre@best. how do i find my batch #? O + i cant transfer about 80% of my music b/c its protected content that dbl twist nonsense didnt wk@all 2 fix that problem so now i gotta buy a DRM remover

16. Blackjoker4215

Blackjoker4215 Member

They should replace it with no questions asked. Talk to the manager or call cust. Service and they will take care of you. Don't take crap from them.