Dust under the glassSupport

Last Updated:

1. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My i7500L has some dust under that glass display :( and reading around it was probably from carrying it around in my jeans pocket. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to disassemble and/or have an exploded diagram of this phone?

Advertisement
  2. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

you could try blowing air (with one of those canister thingys) through the speaker hole before resorting to disassembly

3. cayman

cayman Member

Ihave the same problem, in the lower right part of the screen...I think dust came in through camera and unlock button.

4. Snazzy

I thought about that but then reading around one guy said when he tried this it made things worse.

5. Snazzy

qwerty100 likes this.
  6. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

If you're taking that route, I'd recommend getting an air duster (aerosol spray thing) anyway, to clean it once you've got it in bits. I expect it'll be spectacularly easy to get smeary fingerprints and assorted cruft on the underside of the screen if you're not incredibly careful.

Also, I expect this will burn your warranty, if such things are important to you.

7. Snazzy

Ok well I did it. I took it apart and blew the dust off the glass and screen with a can of compressed air. I would NOT recommended anyone do this unless they are very comfortable dismantling electronic devices. I have taken many things apart "just because" and this cell phone has got the be the most complex brilliant piece of engineering I have ever seen.

Also a word of warning the AMOLED screen has a soft wax coating that the straw from the can of air was able to to scratch. Luckily the scratch was not noticeable once the screen was glowing but be warned.