Dust under the screenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. surfboard3r

surfboard3r Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I literally got my phone at 430 today and three hours later i already have a bright white spec of dust under my screen, it really sucks, i just thought everyone would want to know... haha any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. vaxick

vaxick Well-Known Member

Get it replaced. Sounds like you have a defective unit.

3. surfboard3r

i thought about that but i really dont want to give up this phone haha

4. bowerman

bowerman Guest

Then live with it!

5. surfboard3r

true true

6. 5thElement

5thElement Banned

Wow that sucks. I hope this wont be a widespread issue like with the nexus one. :eek:

7. drtrmiller

drtrmiller Active Member

If you call 800-922-0204 and tell the customer service representative that you believe your unit is faulty because the screen is letting dust under it, they will ship you out a replacement unit and you can keep the one you have until you receive the replacement in the mail. Should only take a day or two to receive and ship the defective one back in the box with a pre-paid label.

8. bowerman

bowerman Guest

So far, this has been an issue with: every blackberry, HTC eris, and the iphone. I don't understand why it is so hard to seal off a screen?

9. headcase

headcase Active Member

Not a good sign. Let's recap for a moment:

HTC Hero for Sprint - numerous units had dust under screen after use
    HTC Eris - numerous units had dust under the screen after use
    HTC Incredible - ... please no!

10. 5thElement

5thElement Banned

I dont have a spec of dust under my Eris screen and I have been carrying it naked in my pockets for the past 4 months. I would get it exchanged or at least try to blow the dust out first with one of those canned air sprays.

11. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

I have had mine for almost 12 hours now and have had it in and out of my pocket, no dust yet(crossing my fingers)

12. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't try blowing...as people that did it with the storms, made it way worse...but HTC may be built a little different...I would replace. :(

EDIT: Is there a big gap around the screen?

13. Ender11

Ender11 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    How about this for screen issues.:eek: That's my Dad's phone with the pink hue sitting next to my phone with a properly white screen.:(:mad:

14. Nytemare

Nytemare Member

That's weird, I wonder what causes that.

15. rasmith18

rasmith18 Active Member

Yes, dust under my screen too. Just one piece, but still. My friend had this problem with his Iphone, they replaced his no problem. Im going instore to see if they will do anything about it.

16. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm glad I found this thread. I thought I was the only one, haha! Right out of the box my Incredible had two pieces of dust/lint under the screen. I'm anal as it is, but it's unacceptable and noticeable while browsing and doing things where I stare at the screen.

I called 611 and they sent me a new phone immediately. I will be receiving it on Monday.

17. bagged00

bagged00 Well-Known Member

get it replaced no doubt before it gets worst and you try and they blame it on you. had a storm 2 with a mess load of dust in between the digitizer and the lcd screen took it up there they said how many times have you dropped it?( the phone had been dropped from the previous owner.) took the phone apart and seen the the digitizer is double sided taped onto the lcd screen. started to take it up there and ask them how dirt getting in between the 2 is my fault when it supposed to be sealed? point of the story is REPLACE IT.

18. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

every phone i have ever had has gotten a bit of dust under the screen, my Incredible as well. It has a TINY amount that 99.9% of the population would never see, but I do! If it gets any worse in the next few days i'll exchange it, but right now I think i'd be looked at like I have 3 heads trying to convince the CSR's that I need a new phone because of it.

Where are you guys seeing the dust, mine is towards the top of the phone, i'm guessing it's getting in near the earpiece.

19. J913B

J913B Member

How does one know if it's dust under their screen? I have this mark on mine and I've run my finger over it and couldn't feel a thing. It is white, could it be dust?

20. mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc Well-Known Member

I came from an HTC Hero on Sprint plagued by this but so far the reports seem promising in that people who have dust under the screen have it out of the box. Once we get people developing dust under the screen after a few weeks of use, that'll have me worried.

We need to find the entry point for the dust so can figure out a solution. I have the VZ silicone case on mine so I hope that blocks the dust from getting in at the edges.

21. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

A ton of touchscreen smartphones seem to have this problem. I think it would happen far less often if the touchscreen was a separate piece of glass from the earpiece as that is where most of it is coming from I imagine.

22. DMP84

DMP84 Active Member

I received the phone last week and have dust in the bottom left corner, will Verizon say that it isn't a good enough reason to return it or can I make a case out of it?

Thanks appreciate it.

23. jprow507

jprow507 Well-Known Member

I have a dust spec in the bottom left of my screen as well. Its not noticeable when the screen is on of course but still annoying to know its there.

24. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Could someone take a pic of this please? I keep hearing about it, but never seen a pic (No reason really, just my own curiosity..)

25. mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc Well-Known Member

Bottom left seems to indicate the point of entry would be the microUSB connector. Interesting.