• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dust under the screen

I just finally convinced VZW to ship me a replacement. I was getting a runaround, having me go to stores, etc for an exchange. I called up and told them it was a painful experience in getting this taken care of, so they offered to ship me a brand new one (however they say these our backordered until 5/29!) My phone is absolutely perfect minus the dust issue, so i hope this new one is as well!

At least I know I have a new one on the way!

Upvote 0
I just got my replacement phone tonight for the dust issue and not only is there no dust, the call quality is night and day with the new phone. All i get is 3-4 bars and the the speed test app shows double the results, I am much happier with the phone now, and now know my original was faulty.
It's in your head.

Upvote 0
Yes -59 dbm with a -4.9 db and it's in my head, when previously at best i'd get -98 and -10. With the speedtest app i got 2155 download and 963 upload when with the old phone was lucky to break 1000 download. good night mobilehavoc, maybe it's in your head
There are too many factors/variables that would mean anything. Did you test both phones at the exact same position and holding them exactly same, was it the same exact time, were other wireless devices in the area off/on the same, etc. etc.

This is why companies that test this stuff do in special rooms/facilities to eliminate these variables. In short, your test doesn't prove anything but if it helps you sleep better at night than more power to you :D

Upvote 0
Ok not only did Verizon send my replacement to my old address, and I told them to send it to my new one, but they sent the wrong phone. I went to FedEx to pick up my missed package and opened the box, and behold, a Droid Eris. Yeap an Eris not an incredible. So I spent 30 mins on the phone with Verizon CS that made me activate the phone, and reactivate the incredible, and had to charge my card as a hold for the "NEW" replacement phone. She looked and they never put a charge for the Eris they sent me, but she said make sure I return it so I dont get charged. But guess what, now they are on back order till the 29th she said, but she said I "should" get it sooner then that. She said i guess they send the Eris because they look alike. What????? No they messed up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones