DVD - Desire ripping - fps questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm curently using Wondershare to rip DVDs into MP4s for use on my Desire, played through RockPlayer 1.0.31 v.7. I'm using settings for iPod Touch in Wondershare (I was using it originally for ripping movies onto my iPod Classic), with the following settings:

Audio: 44100Hz @ 2 channels
    Video: 480 x 320 @ 832kbps
    FPS: 22

I'm still experiencing some mild audio-video lag / sync issues. The movies are coming off a Class 2 card, and I'm pretty sure things will improve if I use a higher class card, but I was wondering if things would also get better if I ripped at a lower FPS rate? And if so, what can I dial this down to before I start to notice the jerkiness?

Advertisement
  2. garryknight

garryknight Well-Known Member

I've found these settings to work fine for me.You certainly don't need to go down to 480 x 320.

3. turbohobbit

Good intel! Unfortunately, thought, Wondershare only allows me to go as big as 480 x 360. Any recommendations on decent ripping programmes? FWIW Handbrake doesn't work for me...

4. garryknight

garryknight Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, Wondershare is Mac and Windows only and I'm a Linux user so hopefully someone else will come along with some suggestions.

5. Gentleman1013

Gentleman1013 New Member

SUPER videos

I've already used it to convert a few videos I recorded with my HTC Desire from USCC to a more compressed format with very good results.

Program is completely free and never asks for money.

6. turbohobbit

What settings do you use and do you see any audio lag?

7. firedesire

firedesire Well-Known Member

I use CuCusoft for ripping DVD's to mp4, it does cost but I have also found it useful for those times when you need to 'move' your *tunes from one computer to another or put them all on your Desire, desipe what apple would like you to do...

8. turbohobbit

Hmmm, interesting. What settings do you use for ripping and do you see any audio lag?

9. firedesire

firedesire Well-Known Member

No lag noticeable as long as the source dcs is a reputable one in the first instance. The setting in this program is simply mp4/ipod. Have used this product for 3 years now ....

10. turbohobbit

Sweet. I'm ripping direct from DVD so the source should be OK. I'm currently using Wondershare for iPod but it's not really hitting the straps. it's ok but there is a little but lip-sync issues even at 15 fps frame rate / 640k video bitrate / 32000 audio bitrate. May give this a go and see how things pan out...