DVD Digital Copy

Last Updated:

1. stevenfstein

stevenfstein Active Member This Topic's Starter

Have not used the digital copy feature yet of DVDs but can this work on Droid or is it strictly an Iphone/Itouch capable transfer.

Regards..... Steve

Advertisement
  2. stearic

stearic Well-Known Member

Unfortunately those wont' work on our phones due to the nasty DRM that movie studios love to use. Only reason the iphone works is because of itunes compatibility with the drm the movies use.

3. KirkS

KirkS New Member

I was wondering this too -- picked up the Star Trek movie at Walmart and it includes a Digital Copy. But, I've already retired my iTouch and uninstalled iTunes :-(

4. e39e60

e39e60 Well-Known Member

Oops. Ironically I did too but my A/V receiver went out so I'm forced to watch on my ipod LOL.

5. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

I've been looking for a good DRM stripper.. they are out there. I feel I should have a right to put my 5 digital copies in my phone if I so choose:mad:

6. superglen99

superglen99 Active Member

cant you just convert the digital copy via handbrake or similar program to mp4 and watch it that way?

7. thaJack

thaJack Well-Known Member

I have the same two disc set for Star Trek. Just use the first disc, and rip it with Handbrake.

8. jestexman

jestexman Well-Known Member

Do what you want but Google all these i have been using this for years and putting full DVD's on my dumb phone (Moto Roker).

1ClickDVD Copy
    DVD43
    Super
    If you need help let me know. The only one that cost you anything is the 1Click but believe me it is worth the money.

9. stearic

stearic Well-Known Member

Yea, i should be able to legally use what i buy as i see fit, not have products i buy be handicapped by an archaic industry to unwilling to change with the times. Having their sales drop because of their unwillingness is no reason to screw us around who legally purchase merchandise.