DVD Player for 'Droid

Last Updated:

1. lordtimothy

lordtimothy New Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings, I am interested if there is any programs out there that mimic the DVD player. On a DVD you first start off with a Menu then can decide to either play the movie or see different interviews ect. Is there a player or a converter that allows you to take a DVD and play it with menu and all??

I am still getting used to the 'Droid system so any help would be appriciated.

Tim

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

No, you cannot play a dvd disc with a phone. If you want to see the menus, you can rip them to your hard drive, and convert them, but that will just allow you to view them,not interact with the.

3. lordtimothy

lordtimothy New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you, still pretty new as to what phones/tablets can do.

T

4. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Well-Known Member

It should be technically possible to create an app that would read a DVD image file from your phone, which would let you navigate menus, etc, but since these image files would be 4.5 GB apiece (as opposed to encoded video files which could be as small as 1/20th the size), I doubt you'll see anyone try to develop an app like this until phone storage sizes increase significantly ;)

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Well-Known Member

what would you use to convert it with? and convert to what format?

6. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Well-Known Member

Handbrake is pretty much the gold standard for this these days, and any of the iPhone or iPod Touch presets should create Android-readable files.