• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DVD to Droid 3?

Jim Bowie

Lurker
Nov 8, 2011
I'm looking to burn a DVD set to my Droid3 but have never done anything like this. I'm sure no one cares, but I purchased a set of the Insanity workout DVDs and I'm fairly sure that they're copy protected. I'd like to put them on my phone so that I can use them at the gym, since I don't have a good place to work out at home.

Anyway, I'd like to first rip them, then optimize them for the Droid3, and I'd like to do them with free software. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for any and all of the steps?

Thanks.

Motorola phones have built-in media players that support AAC, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, and MIDI ..etc.

So, for DVD movies and other unaccepted videos in incompatible formats like AVI, WMV, 3GP, MKV, MOV, MOD.. etc, and so on, you are required to use a helpful video converter to assist you to convert videos and rip DVDs for playing on your Motorola phones including Motorola Droid.

Ahh, I forgot about that one! My mistake.

Anyways,

In the event that Catalyst 3 Video conversion doesn't live up to standards, A good converter I use is Prism from NCH Soft. It has a trial but it'll do most of what you need for free!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones