1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Dwarf Fortress, X-Com, Stone Soup, etc

Last Updated:

1. Sovereign

Sovereign New Member This Topic's Starter

I was curious if either of these two games were on the android? If they're not... Could I interest anyone in porting them over? :D It would be mucho appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

No help from me. But Dwarf Fortress and X-Com on android would be freaking sweet!

3. strategy

strategy Well-Known Member

The open-source X-Com games that exist use the original artwork - i.e., any game that tried the same on Android would be in violation of the TOS. Dwarf Fortress is not open-source, and the developer has never given any indication that he is willing to open up the code to others from what I know, so chances of that happening seem minimal.

Never heard about Stonesoup before now, but I've seen at least one rogue-like clone on the market before, so do a search on cyrket/androlib/appbrain.

4. jugglervr

jugglervr Member

In addition to this excellent point, Dwarf fortress puts significant strain on my core 2 duo processor on my desktop. there's no telling how quickly it would explode a droid. ;)

5. Sovereign

Sovereign New Member This Topic's Starter

So... All I have to do is convince Mythos games that it'd be awesome to have X-Com on the Android and we'd be set. :D True about Dwarf Fortress, I play it on my netbook and boy does is chug along sometimes.

6. jugglervr

jugglervr Member

what we need is an android game server, that would stream a game to the hand-held device. This would let the desktop processor do the bulk of the work, and only send the info relating to what's on-screen to android.

Citrix for android, anyone? :p