DX cheaper on back to school sale?

Last Updated:

1. tapgamer

tapgamer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone! So i went to the V store today and was looking to get an Eris but they don't make them anymore and so we looked at getting an X and maybe an Incredible, but was a bit too much =(. But when we were leaving the worker said check back on thursday when the back to school sale is, she said it might be on sale. What do you think? Do you think that its to early for it to be on sale or will it be?

Advertisement
  2. Gummibands

Gummibands Well-Known Member

Eh could be. I mean you never know. They might be. Where I work they are running sale after sale and they are a big name company, but it keeps people coming in and wanting to shop and looking at newer merchandise so I wouldn't be surprised. I just would say I wouldn't put your hopes and dreams on it, cause a lot of the time the reps in store don't know what they are really talking about, but you can't blame them considering to them it's just a job and to us it's more than that it's an interest and for some a passion.

3. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

I would be surprised to see any sales since it is so new. Heck, they cannot even keep them in stock at $199/$569 - why would they discount the price now? I won't say it cannot happen, but it just doesn't make any economic sense for Verizon to put it on sale yet.

You might be able to catch a third party provider trying to discount it (perhaps $20 or $40) to get credit for a new contract, but that is about it.

4. tapgamer

tapgamer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ya i know what you mean, i didn't think it made sense either, thats actually why i posted it here.

5. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will push a sale onto the parting Droid original, especially with Froyo around the corner.

Maybe even the Incredible (assuming they can keep up stock).

But as others have said, I doubt we will see the X hit a sale...at least not right now.

6. Bayryder

Bayryder New Member

I got mine for $179.99 on there website with a 10% off coupon > PRMCD10. Theres anotherone WEBCH10, may or may not work.

7. Kaoss

Kaoss Well-Known Member

They are $150 on walmart.com

That's the lowest your going to get.