DX Multimedia Dock for... $3Accessories

Last Updated:

1. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide This Topic's Starter

Believe it or not, you can make a cool Droid X multimedia stand for $3. Here is how. Get this (Clear Acrylic Display Stand/Easel fits 3"-6", and if link expires than just search for it) [​IMG]Clear Acrylic Display Stand/Easel fits 3"-6" Plate/Tile - eBay (item 320503055150 end time Aug-13-10 12:21:23 PDT) - I got two of these shipped for $5.84. Go to your local Arts & Crafts store, like Michaels, and get a dozen of craft magnets for about $1.60. And you are all set!!! Below are the pictures. Sorry, the screen didn't show up well because I had a flash on when took these pics.

Material:

[​IMG]

Glue the magnet. Play with a polarity. One way is for Car Dock, the other for Multimedia Dock. If phone placed evenly in the middle, magnet aligns with a back sensor perfectly:

[​IMG]

And this is how it looks with DX:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and sideways:

[​IMG]

Since I got two of these, I'm keeping one downstairs without magnet, just a nice stand to keep phone up. And the other one upstairs by the bed where I glued magnet to use as MM Stand.

Have fun!!!

Advertisement
    Willyg44 likes this.
  2. JB426

JB426 Member

Thanks.

3. Steady_Mobbin831

Steady_Mobbin831 Active Member

this wont fuk it up will it ? lol

4. Willyg44

Willyg44 Well-Known Member

That's pretty good :) If you find a way to rubberize the plastic stand or something similar, I'd definitely do it. I'll try to think of something.

5. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide This Topic's Starter

Not sure if its even necessary to rubberize it. The edges of plastic are not sharp at all. But if you want a better cushion maybe you can get a layer of thin foam sheet with a sticky side, wonder if Michaels store has something like that, and cut out shapes to stick it inside. Either way this stand works great to keep up DX upright so I can see notification blinking green light from anywhere across the room :)